Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

boost controller

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost controller

Does anyone here use the Electronic Dual Stage Boost controller that STS sells? If so how does it work and how do you like it?
Old 03-19-2005, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

I need to check, but I think the "electronic" boost controller they sell is really closer to a manual controller. Again I need to check tho.
A friend has one on his Dodge, works OK. It is not very solid and fluctuates somewhat. If it costs around $150 or so it's not truly electronic. A really good electronic model from HKS or the like runs around $300 but is worth the extra cash if you can afford it.
A fully electronic controller will maintain your boost levels much better and allow for on-the-fly adjustments, unlike the manual models where you gotta adjust the regulator.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ktmrider
I need to check, but I think the "electronic" boost controller they sell is really closer to a manual controller. Again I need to check tho.
A friend has one on his Dodge, works OK. It is not very solid and fluctuates somewhat. If it costs around $150 or so it's not truly electronic. A really good electronic model from HKS or the like runs around $300 but is worth the extra cash if you can afford it.
A fully electronic controller will maintain your boost levels much better and allow for on-the-fly adjustments, unlike the manual models where you gotta adjust the regulator.
Yes I know it's more of a manual. The only thing that's electronic is the the fact you can switch from two different settings of boost with a flip of a toggle switch. I wanted to know who was useing it and if it worked good. I decided to go with the E-boost anyways.