Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger D1SC or P1SC?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 05:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger D1SC or P1SC?

I'm gonna be ordering a Procharger this month along with a bunch of other mods, fuel injectors, Intake etc. And am trying to decide which supercharger to run. Right now my car is mainly stock with Exhaust and Headers. I want to hit around 650-700 HP on pump gas and still have street driveability. If I ordered the P1SC I believe it would run at 7 PSI? And the D1SC at like 10-12? Any suggestions on what to order would be appreciated and some comments from owners of both chargers wouldn't hurt :-).

I know that just with the charger I'm not gonna hit the HP mark I'm shooting for but with my other mods I should be able to. If you want a link to everything I plan on ordering I will make a page and post it.

Also at the HP I'm shooting for I'm gonna need a rearend... 12 bolt or 10 bolt and what gears would be the best for the setup?

Thanks
Old 04-03-2005, 05:42 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy0utlaw
I'm gonna be ordering a Procharger this month along with a bunch of other mods, fuel injectors, Intake etc. And am trying to decide which supercharger to run. Right now my car is mainly stock with Exhaust and Headers. I want to hit around 650-700 HP on pump gas and still have street driveability. If I ordered the P1SC I believe it would run at 7 PSI? And the D1SC at like 10-12? Any suggestions on what to order would be appreciated and some comments from owners of both chargers wouldn't hurt :-).

I know that just with the charger I'm not gonna hit the HP mark I'm shooting for but with my other mods I should be able to. If you want a link to everything I plan on ordering I will make a page and post it.

Also at the HP I'm shooting for I'm gonna need a rearend... 12 bolt or 10 bolt and what gears would be the best for the setup?

Thanks
D-1SC. That is the recommended piece for modified cars. The P-1SC is more what you want if your car is going to otherwise remain mostly stock. Depending on how fast you try to reach that 700 RWHP mark, you might even consider getting an F-series.

12-Bolt or 9". At 470~500 RWHP and above, the stock a 10" rearend can forget it when your RWTQ begins to follow your HP into elevated numbers. You didn't say if are M6 or A4. But, if you are routinely spinning your engine at RPMs in excess of 6500 RPM's or so, the stock tranny can forget it. I dare say, when you are ready to hit your final RWHP goals, a 4L60E may not even cut the mustard at all!

Have you considered the fuel requirements to make that kind of power and what hardware, software and knowledge is going to be required to support that kind of power?

A lot to consider for your goals.

my2cents

Good luck!
Old 04-03-2005, 04:04 PM
Teching In

i have a d1sc running 12lbs of boost with duel intercoolers on my 95z28 and i love it.the head can handle up to 25-30lbs of boost.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do you have or plan on going with forged internals as well? I also vote for the D1 for your power goals though.
Old 04-03-2005, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 95greenzsc
i have a d1sc running 12lbs of boost with duel intercoolers on my 95z28 and i love it.the head can handle up to 25-30lbs of boost.
can but wont i'm almost maxing mine out at 18psi
Old 04-03-2005, 05:37 PM
Staging Lane

Here is a link to everything I plan on ordering this summer, well just about everything... for some reason it isn't showing the D1SC on the wishlist so just include that if you look. It's a lot of money to spend but it should be worth it. Tell me if you see anything I could be going wrong on.

http://www.thunderracing.com/wishlis...view&wlid=3149
Old 04-03-2005, 05:40 PM
Staging Lane

I'm gonna be ordering a carb along with all this too... anyone have any recommendations for a charged car?
Old 04-03-2005, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely go with the D1SC.

Mark
Old 04-03-2005, 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I hope this isn't considered ... if so, I'm sorry.

Have you considered MTI's $20,000 N/A 455 big block that makes 605/610 ... racebuilt tranny, fuel system, 12-bolt ... other stuff. With that much motor, you would have a lot of options for making 700-800 HP and you'd meet your goals with a little 100 shot or STS turbo setup on the rear of the exhaust ... still have a streetable car.

Last edited by JEB99TA; 04-03-2005 at 08:21 PM. Reason: change text
Old 04-03-2005, 08:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get D1SC, or even an F1. On your list, the Procharger is on there twice.

I didnt see connecting rods on the list, unless I missed them. You will want some stronger ones along with a hardened crank, ARP bolts, etc...

Also, with 700hp you will need larger injectors than 42#.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i would defanatly get a d1 over a sts, sorry maybe just an opinion. On the other hand a ptk kit would top them all off, but that might be out of your price range
Old 04-03-2005, 09:38 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here you go
https://ls1tech.com/forums/eastern-members/299409-brent-s-dyno.html

It costs alot of $$ to make that power and be reliable The graph there is from a 346 Vette that is 100% daily drivable.Probly $20k into the setup.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I still advise you to get forged internals. With the amount of money you are going to invest in your car, you might as well play it safe and forge the engine.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:42 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Chevy0utlaw
Here is a link to everything I plan on ordering this summer, well just about everything... for some reason it isn't showing the D1SC on the wishlist so just include that if you look. It's a lot of money to spend but it should be worth it. Tell me if you see anything I could be going wrong on.

http://www.thunderracing.com/wishlis...view&wlid=3149
You have to change alot of things on that list
Old 04-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Teching In

just given you a heads up wear i got my ati was from ExoticPerformancePlus.com the guys name is bob and is a great guy to deal with.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

To make the kind of power you’re looking for, you can’t just go checking boxes on a website and bolt it all together. That goal is allot more work than your anticipating, you need to decide on a realistic budget, realistic power goals, and give APE, or, MTI….etc a call.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:59 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for all the advice guys, I have looked into a bigger motor but I think I'm gonna stick with what I got because I don't know where I would find parts for a bigger motor and all that plus I like my LS1 :-). As far as forging the internals, I will be honest and tell you that I don't know exactly what you mean by that?

SSinovations: Your answer was exactly one of the things I was looking for, I'm not an expert and thats why I turn to you guys for help so thats why I wanted to know what you thought of the list. My budget is realistic, I really don't have a limit on how much I can spend, I've worked hard for the last 2 years and continue working hard so I can make the money I make. My SS is my dream car and I want it to be perfect. I think I'm gonna give someone a call and figure out exactly what I need to do to achieve my goals.

I also think I'm gonna go with the D1SC over the P1SC but I'm gonna get some more advice before I go ahead and order it.

*Also if anyone knows of any good shops that can install everything and tune it all within about 300 miles of Sioux Falls let me know. I will go further if I need to because I don't want to mess around with the local shops around here and I don't think I should try installing everything I need myself
Old 04-04-2005, 08:03 PM
12 Second Club

F-2 makes great power
Old 04-04-2005, 08:23 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I have no idea what shop is close to you but I'm sure one of the sponsor's are.
650rwhp on pump gas is very doable nowaday's.Stock drivability with serious power
Old 04-05-2005, 03:48 PM
TECH Resident

I think Bob at Exotic Performance Plus is/was a sponsor. I'd talk to him; he's the right guy to lead you through a discussion of your goals and the associated costs. His shop looks very nice, and it's in Indiana... farther than you were hoping, I know, but still midwestern. By the way, I graduated Sioux Falls Washington High back in '81!

You need to realize that the money you're going to spend on this car will not increase its value much at all... except perhaps if you choose to go with a custom motor. If you're OK with that, then spend away! If you want 650+ rwhp, you'll most likely need a forged bottom end (pistons and rods, minimum)... that's going to add quite a bit to your cost.

Most importantly, you need to find a shop that can do all the work and perform its own tuning on a dyno. I think that will be worth a longer trip to one of the more established shops.

Good luck,

Rich

Quick Reply: Procharger D1SC or P1SC?