Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Vortech G Trim Fuel Pressure Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 02:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Vortech G Trim Fuel Pressure Please Help

HI, iam running the Vortech G-trim on my 00 Trans Am. I have installed two Auto Meter Gauges on the Pillar. A boost gauge and a fuel pressure guage. The fuel pressure reading is what im concerned with. I had my car tuned and running in perfect condition a while back, the Fuel Pressure sits at 60. Now, when I drive my car the needle is below the 60 mark, and at about 58 or 59'ish. The car feels a bit laggy. What could be the problem or what could this mean? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
shawn
Old 05-19-2005, 04:51 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds right to me as the pump heats up it usually puts out a little less and the motor under a load takes a little more fuel to operate and you will see a slight pressure drop. No way around it with out doing a complete fuel system with a boost sensitive fuel regulator etc...
Jeff
Old 05-19-2005, 06:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does it drop down during a WOT run? Thats the only thing you need to worry about. That liitle difference you see will cause no driveabilty problems.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It should stay right at 62.5lbs during normal driving. When you drop the hammer, it may slowly drop to around 58lbs at the redline. Thats normal. But you may start thinking about adding a second fuel pump it it gets much lower.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:37 AM
On The Tree

It stays normal during start up, and heat up. Then drop a bit when driving for awhile. When cruising it normalsly sits at 60, but now it cruises at about 58. Pump might be the problem. Dont know exactly.
thanks
shawn
Old 05-20-2005, 06:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have higher tempeartures over there compared to the high pressure periode?
Warmer fuel is more fluid and produces less pressure.
Also when I let the car idle for a while I notice a pressure drop (58 PSI): the non used fuel is recirculated in a small space close to the pump and I can imagine that it gets warm. After 1-2 minuter driving the pressure gets to about 60 - 62 PSI

Quick Reply: Vortech G Trim Fuel Pressure Please Help