Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

phampseed factroy manifold kit.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 09:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default phampseed factroy manifold kit.

what is everyones feelings on this factory manifold kit?

how will this compare to having aftermarket headers with a turbo kit.

i am sure the headers willl spool faster and make more power, right?

what about making max power? where do we think that this system will max out?

i like the phamspeed kit and th ePTK kit but i want to be fully knowledgeable in both kits before i make a decision.
thanks
Louie
Old 05-20-2005, 09:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well unless you have forged internals your not going to see an advantage of the turbo headers, because your engine simply won't be able to handle it IMO. I'm going with the manifold kit, matter of fact I just bought everything to go with it today and in about another 2 hours I'm calling and ordering mine. For everything you'll need it will be like 4500$. I got replacement fans (210$), fuel pump (250$), 60# Venom injectors (325$), plugs and wires and guages (400$), and the nonintercooled kit (introductory 3350$). Don't forget with the you will HAVE to upgrade fuel and spark and I'm not sure if the PTK kit comes with guages. It's up to you, but I pounced on the Phamspeed kit.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:03 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

You will see a definite difference indeed from headers to manifolds. Normally aspirated cars with with just boltons see a nice gain with going to tubular over the manifolds, and they are not even close to the volume of air we push through the exhaust.

Jose
Old 05-20-2005, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

if you really feel it will be that much of a problem, you can get shorty headers for fairly cheap that bolt up to the cats in the stock location. W2W is making crazy power with 6.0l truck manifolds, so for our power levels i honestly doubt there will be any real gain, unless your shooting for like 800hp.

then again, jose knows a hell of alot about this stuff, so i wopuld talk to him and john from phamspeed and base your decision on what they say. keep in mind a turbo is not included in the price of a ptk kit.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:40 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Actually it is...

$5399 is everything including turbo ,fans, alternator and all the components.

Jose

Last edited by JZ 97 SS 1500; 05-20-2005 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

man this thing has jumped from a buget kit to a fuel blown full price kit.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JZ 97 SS 1500
Actually it is...

$5399 is everything including turbo ,fans, alternator and all the components.

Jose
my bad, i hadnt checked your site out for a while, i like the new layout
Old 05-20-2005, 03:57 PM
Restricted User

Jose, I have tried numerous times to get some different angle pics of the PTK Kit and came up with no replies. I should have asked you instead. If you dont mind emailing me any and all pics for the 4th Gen LS1 PTK I would greatly appreciate it. cat3n4@gmail.com
Old 05-20-2005, 06:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

right now i dont think it makes a differecne. look at the ohio boys and w2w. manifolds or headers, not sure at this time it matters
Old 05-20-2005, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Deamon2002
Well unless you have forged internals your not going to see an advantage of the turbo headers, because your engine simply won't be able to handle it IMO. I'm going with the manifold kit, matter of fact I just bought everything to go with it today and in about another 2 hours I'm calling and ordering mine. For everything you'll need it will be like 4500$. I got replacement fans (210$), fuel pump (250$), 60# Venom injectors (325$), plugs and wires and guages (400$), and the nonintercooled kit (introductory 3350$). Don't forget with the you will HAVE to upgrade fuel and spark and I'm not sure if the PTK kit comes with guages. It's up to you, but I pounced on the Phamspeed kit.
dude thats an awesome deal on those injectors,i checked them out and they list for double what you paid.whered you get em?
Old 05-20-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JZ 97 SS 1500
You will see a definite difference indeed from headers to manifolds. Normally aspirated cars with with just boltons see a nice gain with going to tubular over the manifolds, and they are not even close to the volume of air we push through the exhaust.

Jose

honestly that is what i was thinking...and also why i am so against the factroy manifold kit unless i see definate proof that it is ok...but with almost every blown car i have ever heard of getting the exhaust out is a huge deal and shows awesome increases in power(03 cobra) not only that but look are most of the major turbo cars that are sold and modded, almost all of them offer aftermarket tubular manifolds for the turbo, there must be a reason for this.

And yes i understand that a lot of cars make huge power with the factory manifolds, but i am building a STREET CAR, most people build a track car that they drive on the street, not me: i want a street car that i may take to the track once in a great while. And i have always heard that tubular headers will help with throttle response as well as spool time in a turbo'd car.

I may be wrong, i am not a turbo expert, just saying what i have heard/thought and am debating as far as a turbo kit for my car. i dont care of the kit isnt installed until december or january, all that i care about is that next summer, or the summer after, or 5 years from now i dont have a regret and a forged bottom end is in my future for sure....

Louie

Quick Reply: phampseed factroy manifold kit.