Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What else do i need to do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 02:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What else do i need to do?

Alright, bought my ati d1sc kit, what else do i need to do, and is 8psi safe on my stock motor, what kind of fuel pump and injectors do you guys recommend?, thanks
Old 05-20-2005, 02:26 PM
TECH Addict

8psi is about right.....most say don't go any higher
injectors, I believe 42lbers are recommended for what yoru looking at....but why not go for 60+lbers just so you have room to grow
Old 05-20-2005, 02:27 PM
Staging Lane

next year i plan to do a heads and cam package on the car, and i think i will get different injectors then, so 8 lbs is not gonna destroy my motor?
Old 05-20-2005, 02:31 PM
TECH Addict

its been said a few times that you'll be safe on 8psi with a D1SC kit...personally if it were me, I would drop down to 6psi just to be extra safe.....it also has a lot to do with the tune, if your tuner is real good then 8psi is very safe.

So you plan on HC next year and replacing the injectors again? why not just go big now? unless you already have 42lbers on there
Old 05-20-2005, 02:35 PM
Staging Lane

no i dont have the 42s yet, 60 pound injectors are huge tho, and wouldnt i be dumping too much fuel in with them now, i am getting my tune done at rapid motorsports, i have heard they are good tuners, so you think i car run 8 and still be safe with it?
Old 05-20-2005, 02:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by stangkillerss
no i dont have the 42s yet, 60 pound injectors are huge tho, and wouldnt i be dumping too much fuel in with them now, i am getting my tune done at rapid motorsports, i have heard they are good tuners, so you think i car run 8 and still be safe with it?
I don't know much about FI because I have no expierence with it, but I have been reading the FI boards for over a year now and have gained a lot of knowledge. The questions you asked I have read about 100times before so I know the answers. The common answer is that you'll be safe with a good tune and 8psi. I know Mike at Rapid does a great job tuning NA cars, but I haven't come across a thread where he was mentioned for tuning an FI car....maybe someone can chime in.

Also I have read numerous times that its better to go with bigger injectors 1st, i'm not sure how injectors work but I assume that 42 and 60lb injectors work in a similar fashion under normal loads, but the 60lbers have the ability to handle the big power that 42lbers can't.....

I'm sure more people will chime in with their opinion, but it seems the general consensus is that 8psi is safe with a good tune, and its better to go with bigger injectors.

BTW I would forge the motor if I were you so you can run higher psi
Old 05-20-2005, 02:55 PM
Staging Lane

thanks, i would love to forge the motor also, but dont have the time or money right now to do so, so thats kinda out of the question, i do plan on next year dropping the compresion with a good set of heads, and maybe a blower cam, we shall see tho. Ohh and i called mike at rapid, and he has done ati setups before, he priced everything out to me, and i have read he does a real good job with these cars, thanks!

Quick Reply: What else do i need to do?