Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

CryO²™ - INTERCOOLER SPRAYER

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 08:37 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan Wilkinson
I use water in the radiator with purple Ice and redline water wetter. The heat transfer seems to work better.

If you are refering to pooring water on the radiator, try it and you will see what I am talking about.

As far as the Co2 in the intake, if you dont believe me thats fine. If you would prefer to think I am stupid that is fine also, plum your line into your intake and lets talk afterwards. power will drop off. A guess you would have to have an understanding of how the chemicals work to understand what I am talking about.
My reply was to unit213.

Maybe you meant to reply to him.

I am with the idea that water sprayed front of the radiator will help cooling cause of heat exchange with rad fins and tubes.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:04 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan Wilkinson
A guess you would have to have an understanding of how the chemicals work to understand what I am talking about.
Well...considering my background (chemical engineering) I think I understand quite well. Thanks.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:05 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by CHRISPY
He is talking about your comment about a nozzle shooting Co2 across a lane and causing another car to lose power LOL!!!!
Old 06-11-2005, 09:10 AM
Administrator

NX makes something similiar. It's for a HE/intercooler though, not a radiator.

Link

Why spray all that good nitrous outside of the motor? No thanks...
Old 06-11-2005, 10:00 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have sprayed water on the radiator with a garden sprayer on the dyno many times in hot weather and it seems to work. Dont have any scientific data to back it up..

I also used to to spray down the IC on my GN in the staging lanes with water/alky, it was a pretty common thing to do when you had to cool off between rounds quick. Its all evaporated on a 90 degree day before you even get to the water.

As far as shooting the CO2 across lanes to slow the other guy down, well, that I would like to see
Old 06-11-2005, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by unit213
This comment came from the Co2 people.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:14 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,160 Likes on 754 Posts

U so silly Bryan.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kp
I have sprayed water on the radiator with a garden sprayer on the dyno many times in hot weather and it seems to work. Dont have any scientific data to back it up..

I also used to to spray down the IC on my GN in the staging lanes with water/alky, it was a pretty common thing to do when you had to cool off between rounds quick. Its all evaporated on a 90 degree day before you even get to the water.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
U so silly Bryan.

Only for you man.

Old 06-12-2005, 05:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by CHRISPY
He is talking about your comment about a nozzle shooting Co2 across a lane and causing another car to lose power LOL!!!!

Well, there is a company that sells a system that does exactly that. I've seen it on two cars, a Mustang and yes, of course, a ricer. They put a small hole in the front of the fenders that shoot straight out to the sides. They will spray about 12 feet and its very noticeable when it sprays. Its not meant for use while you're already rolling, its meant to be sprayed off the line so the car that gets sprayed will lose a bunch of power when they start off.

I saw this guy posting in a thread and I told him that I'd kick someones *** if they sprayed anything at my car if I was going to race them. But the fact is, it works exactly like Bryan says it will......but only off the line.

There are two cars in this area that have it and I've seen both of them. The guy sells the system on his website, I'll try to find it. Its called "Cheetah Spray".

Here's a diagram he e-mailed to me when we were arguing about it:

Last edited by Quickin; 06-12-2005 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Here's the site that sell the system:

http://www.cryofuzion.com/products.htm#Cheetah

Old 06-13-2005, 12:29 AM
Restricted User

Holy crap, what will they think of next ?
Old 06-13-2005, 01:22 AM
Launching!

Reminds me of that cartoon Wacky Races were some people will do anything to win, my contempt for this would lead to voilence.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:18 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by GTBMad
Reminds me of that cartoon Wacky Races were some people will do anything to win, my contempt for this would lead to voilence.
My thoughts exactly, one would get their *** beat if you tried that street racing where I came from

I guess its just a sign of the times, easier to make the other guys car slower then make your own faster..

I still dont think it would do much if the other guy's car was a lot faster then yours. I guess when your out there on the mean streets and winning that 5.00 skreet race means the difference between having enough gas to get home or not every trick counts
Old 06-13-2005, 08:52 AM
Coal Mining Director

I still don't believe that junk works. High pressure gas will disperse....now if you are racing in a phone booth...............

Think about a n20 purge....guess it makes the other car F A S T E R
Old 06-13-2005, 09:21 AM
Restricted User

Anything can happen in the ricer world, it's almost "cartoon like".

As for the matter of spraying another car with Carbon Dioxide, a few of the turbo
guys are spraying their IC's with it and there are no negative effects. Most of the time
their Air inlets are near or around the area behind or above the IC.

The mystery continues...
Old 06-20-2005, 01:15 PM
TECH Resident

There's something similar at use from time to time in Oakland; the idea is to spray 9 mm bullets at your competitor off the line.

Heard it works wonders.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:36 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by RW99
There's something similar at use from time to time in Oakland; the idea is to spray 9 mm bullets at your competitor off the line.

Heard it works wonders.
Now that I would agree would work
Old 06-20-2005, 05:48 PM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by kp
Unfortunately that doesn't always work. After the turbo went on my car, we took it out for a spin. After a good 50 miles the car started to heat up. The temp continued going up and up until we finally had to turn the heater on to draw some of it out. That brought the temp back down around 130. I didn't want to turn the car off without letting the turbo cool, so we decided to spray the radiator with the hose. The temp held constant for a bit but then continued to rise to almost 240. At that point we just shut the car off. The water was cold but it didn't do jack!
Old 06-20-2005, 05:58 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Dunno, I do it all the time on the dyno and it seems to work. If it got to 240 just sitting there idling something was wrong though Mine doesnt even get that hot after a full pass on a 90 degree day with a single 16" fan and no shroud if I let it idle afterwards. No a/c though.

Quick Reply: CryO²™ - INTERCOOLER SPRAYER