Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

99 camaro powerdyne

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 07:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 camaro powerdyne

I have a 99 ss that is now being equipped with a powerdyne sc. I am also installing macs with ory, 255 walbro, lid, and a custom tune. How much power do you think i will see at the wheels? Also does anyone make an intercooler or aftercooler kit for the powerdyne setup? And if there is anyone that has any advice for my setup or anything else please respond.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

think u might see 380+rw depending on whether you run 4.5 or 6psi ( judging from 2 other similar setups ive read about) One guy on here hit 433rwhp w/ a powerdyne but dunno what all he had done but from what ive heard/read powerdyne's arent very reliable. just what ive heard though
good luck with it!!!!!
Dunno who if any make a cooler though id imagine someone does. Contact Powerdyne
Old 07-17-2005, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made 450 with Macs, heads, and mild cam with a 6 psi powerdyne. Bone stock I was at 390. My guess is you will be somewhere in between.

The only advice I have is to get used to changing your serpentine belt. Mine would start slipping after a month or so. Also, getting a Ka-Tech solid tensioner will help with belt slippage. It was a fun street kit, but I didn't like the hassle.

Here is my dyno graph, can you see where it started slipping:

Powerdyne Dyno

-Geoff