Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Boost controller Hookup

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 11:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Boost controller Hookup

On a Manual boost controller there are two holes/nipples...theres one on the side which has a smaller hole and one on the bottom which has a larger hole then theres the **** on the top..
Can you tell me which hole goes to what? Which one goes to my wastgate and which one goes to the vaccume on my intake?
I also heard there is supposed to be a vent on the vaccume line somewhere in beteen the intake and the boost controller...is this correct?
Please help me out...i know its simple, just dont want to mess the simple things up
Old 08-06-2005, 11:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What wastegete? Flapper or external? That will decide which goes where. Flapper with an actuator go on one way, and Tials go the opposite. Youre gate/controller should have come with instructions on which port goes to what.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:11 AM
NKAWTG...N

WHat Louis said. We need to know the exact types of waste gate and boost controller. But it should be labeled, on my WG it is labeled vacuum and boost, same for my mbc (manual boost controller). I just ran the vacuum source from the turbo to my mbc, then that to my wg. I have a turbonetics wg and the vacuum source on it is optional.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:52 AM
TECH Regular

ive got an hks external wastegate..the top port on mine is also optional....that is where you hook the boost controller at......what i am wanting to know is what ports on the boost controller go where? Does the bottom nipple go to the intake and the side nipple go to the wastegate?

And about the instructions.......my gate came with them but didnt explain what goes to what on the boostcontrolller...only where to hook it into the gate at....and the boost controller is a friend of mines...im putting it on my car so i can get it tuned this week......still waiting for my mbc to arrive..
Old 08-07-2005, 09:22 PM
TECH Regular

t t t
Old 08-07-2005, 11:19 PM
NKAWTG...N

Hmm for mine I left the top port alone, and hooked my mbc up to the side port, then that goes to the turbo's vacuum.

Quick Reply: Boost controller Hookup