Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Phamspeed

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 02:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phamspeed

I was wondering if anyone out there has a intercooled Phamspeed turbo kit, and how much did it cost you to get? Is it an easy install? How much, if any, fabrication was needed? Do they make as much power as maybe a D-1SC Procharger would make? Or, are there any other good turbo kits out there that are just as good or better? Sorry, thats a ton of questions, but i dont know much about the turbo side of FI. Thanks!
Old 08-08-2005, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

I PMed the ground zero guy with a few Q's because I plan on buying my kit at the end of the month and he never replied either way, its about the best kit for the money, the PTK is nicer but it cost about 800 more w/o a turbo, so IMO it isnt worth it. Turbo will almost always make more power than a supercharged setup.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:00 PM
12 Second Club

im curious as well. i have a guy who said he could install it, but wanted to know what all was involved in the installation before he gave me any definite answers/prices. Groundzero/Phamspeed has no instructions or install guides anywhere. It'd be nice if they could jump in here and respond.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

You really don't need instructions, its pretty simple. Look up frcefed98's and mine threads about our phamspeed kit installs. We both have the manifold kit and both of use fabbed up our own FMIC kit.

I can tell you this from a roll, in 2nd gear, and throttle only a little more then halfway the car lights up the tires. Its SICK!!!!!
Old 08-08-2005, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

O I have about 4500 invested in my kit, thats with the pipes which are stainless 3", all my silicone couplings, T-bolt clamps, and my Tial BOV
Old 08-10-2005, 11:07 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HellRaiser
O I have about 4500 invested in my kit, thats with the pipes which are stainless 3", all my silicone couplings, T-bolt clamps, and my Tial BOV
I heard you couldn't use a BOV because the computer had to read it?
Old 08-10-2005, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shane_G
????? i used one with no problems on my old kit.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KAOS
????? i used one with no problems on my old kit.
I'm new to this, but that is what Jose said at forcedinductions.com when I talked to him yesterday. Jose said they use something else but not a BOV. Don't mind the rookie (me) I'm probably confused.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shane_G
the BOV needs to be placed before the maf, therefore released air isn't being read by the computer.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LSONE
the BOV needs to be placed before the maf, therefore released air isn't being read by the computer.
Okay. All I know is I'm about to order a turbo kit, but I don't know which one. I've probably read 100 pages contradicting theirself over the past day or two.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

i'm gonna buy one soon too, I hope that marko posts something up about his turbo kit so i can jusfity waiting for it, otherwise i'll most likely go with the pham...
Old 08-10-2005, 12:19 PM
Staging Lane

Guys, we're really busy in the shop and don't have as much time as we used to to check the forums. Please give us a call and I'll be happy to answer any questions you have.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:12 PM
Launching!

get the sts kit....youll get what you pay for with a nice warranty...why would anyone order a some homemade turbo kit for a camaro from an import shop? the kit looks cheap and used in the picture I saw...loll...imho
Old 08-10-2005, 03:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,746 Likes on 1,304 Posts

have you personally see a Phamspeed kit?i have 1 sitting in my garage,you have an STS kit, i have seen them as well.And the Phamspeed kit is VERY good quality compared to the STS....think about it...theres a huge debate about the STS kits by owners and former owners who either loved or hated there STS kit....now consider the Phamspeed kit....everyone whose installed 1 or has 1 waiting to be installed says they love then,the look and fitment is top notch.Personally id go with the company whose had the least complaints....dont make a blanket statement like that until you do all the research...and the kits arent just for camaros
Old 08-10-2005, 03:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by socalstreetracer
get the sts kit....youll get what you pay for with a nice warranty...why would anyone order a some homemade turbo kit for a camaro from an import shop? the kit looks cheap and used in the picture I saw...loll...imho
Wow...I feel dumber after reading that. Who cares where the kit is made...Marko is a supra enthusiast and will be making them as well...does it matter? no. Do both companies know what they're doing? yes. Be happy the ls1 crowd actually has more options now.

Btw...I think you're the 1st person ive heard say the phamspeed kit is poor quality. Like ddnspider said...do some research first.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by socalstreetracer

you have got to be kidding me, first of all, the sts design is a flawed one, whether you want to admit it or not. Second, you're obviously a dumbass, because the phamspeed kit is a very high quality kit, especially for the price. if you factor in a larger turbo and a FMIC on the sts it would be very close. You sound like a whiny bitch, but thanks for your contribution to the thread .
Old 08-10-2005, 03:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ~RedLineLs1~
Wow...I feel dumber after reading that. Who cares where the kit is made...Marko is a supra enthusiast and will be making them as well...does it matter? no. Do both companies know what they're doing? yes. Be happy the ls1 crowd actually has more options now.

Btw...I think you're the 1st person ive heard say the phamspeed kit is poor quality. Like ddnspider said...do some research first.
thankyou! i hate when people just jump to conclusions when they havent done their research.
STS complains=who can count
Phamspeed complaints= havent heard 1 major complain
Old 08-10-2005, 03:35 PM
10 Second Club

WAIT WAIT WAIT! socal what are your numbers with your STS kit????
Old 08-10-2005, 04:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LSONE

you have got to be kidding me, first of all, the sts design is a flawed one, whether you want to admit it or not. Second, you're obviously a dumbass, because the phamspeed kit is a very high quality kit, especially for the price. if you factor in a larger turbo and a FMIC on the sts it would be very close. You sound like a whiny bitch, but thanks for your contribution to the thread .
Actually...a larger turbo and fmic added to the sts would be about $1000 more compared to the pham kit.

Why would you want to spend more money on a kit thats less efficient when you can get a kit that comes with everything you need? Ie...larger turbo, fmic, etc. It confuses me....
Old 08-10-2005, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn... might aswell get the PTK kit if you wanna spend that much.

Quick Reply: Phamspeed