Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ls1 sts guys

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 12:03 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 sts guys

im tryin to install an ls1 kit on my lt1 and im having problems first off the pipes are bent for and IC, which i have mounted already. the kit says you need to move the maf sensor. do i need to extend wires? also i have one other sensor in the intake elbow of my car and dont know what i would do with it once i use the silicone hose. any help would be great, thanx
Old 08-16-2005, 12:34 AM
TECH Regular

dont know much about the LT1 but the kit should have come with the extension wiring harness for the MAF mine did ~Guy
Old 08-16-2005, 12:39 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by steves97z28
im tryin to install an ls1 kit on my lt1 and im having problems first off the pipes are bent for and IC, which i have mounted already. the kit says you need to move the maf sensor. do i need to extend wires? also i have one other sensor in the intake elbow of my car and dont know what i would do with it once i use the silicone hose. any help would be great, thanx
Yes you may have to extend the wires for your MAF sensor.

You may also need to get some new bends and do your own intercooler piping and charge piping.

As for your oval throttle body, we found a diesel shop that carried 90deg 4in elbo's that would go on the TB then to a 3in to 4in adapter, which worked out great on our single turbo LT1.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:59 AM
Launching!

the elbow fits fine, i actually have all the piping ran now using the stock elbow, maf sensor in the stock location, and using the hard plastic piece from my moroso cai to get down to the fender were it it connected to a silicone 90* hose onto the intercooler pipe. i just think it looks kind of hacked. if i tryin to make it a bit of a sleeper it would be great cause you pop the hood and it looks stock, but i want it to look like the kit should.

Quick Reply: ls1 sts guys