Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

a 700rwhp capable turbo system setup.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 09:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a 700rwhp capable turbo system setup.

i am trying to possibly build a 700rwhp capable turbo system that i can grow into with a stroger engine trans etc. what i want to know first is the kinds of things that i will need to look at/purchase.

i am thinking the GZM budget kit hotparts.
a t76gts turbo
front mount intercooler
i am unsure of however what wastegate will be able to take it.
Will a 38mm tial do the trick or should one step upto a 44mm tial, or bigger even yet.

I am also going to assume that any name brand BOV of choice will work.

60lb/hr injectors and possibly twin intank pumps for fuel or is there something else suggested.

i fully understand what engine trans and rear end requirements will be. all that i am concerned with right now is creating a kit that is capable of this power.

Thanks
Louie
Old 08-29-2005, 01:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most any kit will be easily able to make that kinda power. The turbo you mention will suit you nicely. The size of teh wastegate determines how low you wanna go. IE a little gate can move enough air to keep the boost down. So if you wanna run under 10 PSI then get atleast a 44 gate. GL

John
Old 08-29-2005, 04:21 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Louie, check out the '02 Corvette Z06 that is in my project car section of my website. We made 790 rwhp and 750 ft lbs of torque, on my Mustang Chassis Dyno at 14 psi. We used the stock crank, just had it polished and balanced. Forged rods and pistons, nothing super high dollar. The horsepower was most likely higher than what we recorded, as the rear tires would spin when the 790 rwhp and the 750 ft lbs of torque would cross at 5250 in 4th gear. Bob