Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

vortech water pump...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 08:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vortech water pump...

hey guys i just wanted to see how many of you vortech guys have had problems with your water pump for the aftercooler? mine quit on me. i was getting my car tuned today and the tuner called me and said im not getting any cool air into the motor. so he checked it out and my water pump is not working. i called vortech and they are shipping me a new one, but just wanted to know if im the only one with this problem. also for you tuner guys would me getting a new pump affect my tuning or would i be ok? i just got it tuned today and i don't want to have to pay more money for another tune. the guys at the shop told me it should be ok, im thinking the pcm will adjust to the cooler air and somehow adjust it's self. but i don't want to run into any more problems. any info would be great

thanks

Brian
Old 08-31-2005, 09:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It depends on how it was tuned. If you kept it with the ACT/IAT sensor in the airlid, the timing will be the same, but will not retard if the pump fails again, or your aftercooler is heatsoaked.

A proper install, the ACT/IAT sensor must be moved, and this will effect your timing, as when the temps go up, the timing will be retarded.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ght=ACT+sensor

I haven't installed my vortech yet, but did not get the pump with the kit, I currently have a cyclone pump, that I will use, but plan on buying a ford lighting pump to replace that with in the future.

Ryan
Old 09-01-2005, 08:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

mine is burnt up also just found out after having it tuned last week. I was just going to put a new one on, any ideas for other replacement pumps besids the vortech 169.00 pump? And does anyone know for sure if it need retuned if tued by hp tuners? thanks
Old 09-01-2005, 09:20 AM
9 Second Club

http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/ I did a search a long time ago and this was on my list!
Old 09-01-2005, 09:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

The ford lightning pump is less than the $169 price, and is an oem pump, that is designed to last 100,000+ miles.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=6199

I do not have any flow data on it.

Ryan
Old 09-01-2005, 04:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by todd4168
mine is burnt up also just found out after having it tuned last week. I was just going to put a new one on, any ideas for other replacement pumps besids the vortech 169.00 pump? And does anyone know for sure if it need retuned if tued by hp tuners? thanks

wow thats weird we got the same problem. let me know how yours goes, i hope i don't need another tune. it's not cheap.