Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

which pcm for turbocharged LS1?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 11:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Default which pcm for turbocharged LS1?

I am building up a turbocharged LS1 to fit into my TR7 v8 instead of the turbocharged 4.5 Rover. I already have a Motec pcm with a 3 bar MAP input. It's a good pcm but lacks knock detection and traction control and is slow to set up. I would like to use the Vette pcm for off boost use and add a piggy back unit to take control when on boost. I'm planning on using a lot of boost so is there something available in your market that can give me the best of everything? Thanks, Mike.
Old 01-17-2002, 01:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: which pcm for turbocharged LS1?

FAST should be considerably cheaper than a MoTeC unit - it would be my reccomendation. I beleive fast track or someone actually has a plug and play LS1 harness.

Chris
Old 01-18-2002, 12:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why not get one computer that does everything, say the FAST unit (formerly Speed Pro). Probably not much more than the Motec unit to start with. I have a stage II Incon kit that has an aux computer that will cut timing and control additional injectors based on iat and boost. Incon had Racetronics build the unit. Incon number is 407-831-6040 talk with Tom, they may sell you the aux computer

You could also just use the ls1 pcm and change the timming curves and fueling and it will work fine under boost, even though it cant see the boost. Since it has a maf it just knows that you are pusing more air and gives you more fuel.

Gary
Old 01-18-2002, 02:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the replies. Who are FAST? Has anybody got an email address for them? Also if the LS1 pcm can be remapped can this be done diy with a laptop or handheld unit. I am in the UK so doubt if anybody here can do it. I would prefer to adapt the LS1 pcm if possible or fit a piggyback to it.

Quick Reply: which pcm for turbocharged LS1?