Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Bigger Cube Twin Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 01:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bigger Cube Twin Turbo

I've seen many a dyno sheets from TTi (incon-like setups) that produce enormous amounts of low-end torque--flattening hp curves that taper off ~6000rpm. Unlike a supercharger or single setup, the torque curve doesn't gradually build, it peaks, and flattens off. My question is, is that representative of the size of the turbos? IOW, are they spooling up extremely quickly because they're relatively small? If so, is there any value in using larger turbos that might build more top-end power? I'll be using 2 Garrett turbos (the 35 or 37, which would be better--keep in mind the disp. will be 382ci)

Next question: since 350ci is never enough, (I'd like to keep it under 400 though) would an all bore 382 or a 382 stroker be better for a twin turbo setup? I'm thinking that the larger stroke of the 382 stroker motor will just purpetuate the low tourque peak, and hurt top end compared to an all bore setup. The larger bore on the all-bore should also help in the breathing, right? Or am I way off. Let me know what you guys think.