Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Trouble Codes

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 09:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble Codes

Well I finally worked up the nerve to floor my car a few weeks ago after I broke in the supercharger.

At first I was thrown back into my seet then pushed straight into the steering wheel. At about 4000 RPMs and 5lbs of boost the PCM throws a P1514 code and the reduced engine power comes on.

At first I thought I had blown the engine but then I just reset the code and everthing starts working good again.

Ive tested it a couple of times and it seems to happen mostly in 1st, its also happened to me in second and third but not as much. Whats going on?

It seems my car need some tuning or something is not right in my setup?

Has anyone else had this PCM code problem with their supercharger? If so please give me some advise. I have LS1 Edit and Atap.
Old 10-28-2002, 09:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Trouble Codes

i get a low activity for o2 code. once or twice in a great while
Old 10-28-2002, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Trouble Codes

on my 96 i get the same thing onece and a while. but my problem was from my maf. It had a broken connection and it would stop sending info and the car would shut down for a sec while it changed over to speed density mode.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BLMONGOOSE
Well I finally worked up the nerve to floor my car a few weeks ago after I broke in the supercharger.

At first I was thrown back into my seet then pushed straight into the steering wheel. At about 4000 RPMs and 5lbs of boost the PCM throws a P1514 code and the reduced engine power comes on.

At first I thought I had blown the engine but then I just reset the code and everthing starts working good again.

Ive tested it a couple of times and it seems to happen mostly in 1st, its also happened to me in second and third but not as much. Whats going on?

It seems my car need some tuning or something is not right in my setup?

Has anyone else had this PCM code problem with their supercharger? If so please give me some advise. I have LS1 Edit and Atap.
I'm resurrecting this thread because I am having this same problem on my turbo C5 Vette. I went in on HPT and turned the code off but it still throws it P1514. I don't get it. It happens in 1st and 2nd when it hits rev limit or let off the throttle quickly.

Quick Reply: Trouble Codes