Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Need help installing 42#ers

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 01:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Re: Need help installing 42#ers

i didnt know you were going to edit the computer, if so then you are in the same boat as me.. my flowrate is 5.51 in every cell.

Old 04-29-2003, 02:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are four total Lrtrims on atap.

Long term fuel trim bank1
Long term fuel trim bank1
Long term fuel trim bank2
Long term fuel trim bank2

Just like that. Which ones should I be monitoring out of those??
They all read different, so I am assuming they are not the same. Thanks for the help.
The guy who I am basing my setup after, has about 10 more psi of fuel pressure at idle, so I may try to turn up my factory regulator to match his, because he is gettign excellent Ltrims, and excellent AF on the wideband.
We botht the same aux fuel pump, and same Procharger. His is an 02, mine is a 2000, both 5.3's. Sam

BTW our stock flow rate tables are flat on the trucks, so I kept mine flat also. It is at 5.22 right now. I am fairly close to zero, a little positive
Old 04-29-2003, 02:36 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Sam - The flowrate is flat on the trucks because the fuel pressure regulator is manifold referenced. If you look there is a small vacuum line attached to the regulator on the driverside of the fuel rail.

When you tune just leave the flowrate numbers flat across the board. The referenced regulator takes care of the adjustments for you.

John
Old 04-29-2003, 11:55 PM
On The Tree

i didnt know you were going to edit the computer, if so then you are in the same boat as me.. my flowrate is 5.51 in every cell.

So how does your AFR look Dave? I'm guessing the IFR table is there to compensate for the FPR not knowing the manifold pressure. That and give us the ability to change injectors. But do you find your AFR more stable using the boost referenced FPR?

BH

Quick Reply: Need help installing 42#ers