Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Oil scavenge pump??

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 07:27 PM
Conversion master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oil scavenge pump??

Does the oil scavenge pump just pump oil from the turbos back to the sump? Can you use one pump for both turbos or do you need one for each? Is there just a pump, or do you need some kind of sump under the turbos?
Old 02-18-2003, 07:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Oil scavenge pump??

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Does the oil scavenge pump just pump oil from the turbos back to the sump? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes just pumps back to the sump or wherever you want it to go..
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Can you use one pump for both turbos or do you need one for each? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, you can use one pump and pump both turbos You can use either electric or belt driven (i prefer the belt driven myself..
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Is there just a pump, or do you need some kind of sump under the turbos? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You can add a sumptank but I would just pump straight out of the turbos if you have big enough of a pump it shouldnt be an issue at all.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:09 PM
Conversion master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where can you get a pump?
Old 02-20-2003, 12:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also if you put the turbo(s) high enough you can gravity back into the oil pan. I use the Weldon 9200 differential/transmission pump. Cost about $400.

Gary

Quick Reply: Oil scavenge pump??