Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS oiling setup???

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 05:17 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STS oiling setup???

Ok, Maybe I am just slow but can someone give me a detailed explntin of how the STS oiling system works? Do you punch the oil pan or not?
Old 11-17-2005, 05:35 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was also intrested in this, does it use a pump to feed the turbo?
Old 11-17-2005, 06:30 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Yes, the STS uses a pump to feed the turbo. The return line goes to an STS supplied adaptor that returns the oil to the passenger side valve cover. No holes have to get punched into the oil pan. The adaptor into the valve cover tends to leak oil, as I have a car that is having a problem with it, and I have seen others post about it as well.
I have an STS Camaro in the project car section of my website, that has many STS pic's. Bob
Old 11-17-2005, 11:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Yes, the STS uses a pump to feed the turbo. The return line goes to an STS supplied adaptor that returns the oil to the passenger side valve cover. No holes have to get punched into the oil pan. The adaptor into the valve cover tends to leak oil, as I have a car that is having a problem with it, and I have seen others post about it as well.
I have an STS Camaro in the project car section of my website, that has many STS pic's. Bob
That's not quite true, the STS does not use a pump to feed the turbo (unless you count the engines oil pump), it uses engine oil pressure. It does how ever use an electric pump to return the oil from the turbo to the motor vie the oil fill cap. FWIW, I have 12K miles on mine and have no oil leaks at the cap, or anywhere else.

Quick Reply: STS oiling setup???