Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Best plug for magnacharged 383 with meth

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 01:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Best plug for magnacharged 383 with meth

Best plug for afr'd 383 with a magnacharger.

Anyone had good experience?

TR6?

Methanol injection will be used.

Thanks
Old 12-13-2005, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say that the TR6's are a pretty good plug for your application...the reason for running the cooler plug is so that the actual plug itself doesn't heat up and have a dieseling effect from being so hot...these are great for the forced induction applications such as what you are running and help if you're dumping quite a bit of boost...From the thousands of articles in every thing that I have read I came across why the factory used such hot plugs and it was not for performance...It was because the cats need to be hot to work properly so they used a hotter plug to get it there quicker so that they could pass emissions...Those type plugs are not intended for extreme performance applications...A good example of this would be the platinum plug that comes in LS1 from the factory...This is to last 100k miles but we all know to junk those things because they tend to spark in the manner that I have highlighted before...

Last edited by 98turbls1; 12-13-2005 at 01:55 PM. Reason: error in writing
Old 12-13-2005, 03:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 98turbls1
I would say that the TR6's are a pretty good plug for your application...the reason for running the cooler plug is so that the actual plug itself doesn't heat up and have a dieseling effect from being so hot...these are great for the forced induction applications such as what you are running and help if you're dumping quite a bit of boost...From the thousands of articles in every thing that I have read I came across why the factory used such hot plugs and it was not for performance...It was because the cats need to be hot to work properly so they used a hotter plug to get it there quicker so that they could pass emissions...Those type plugs are not intended for extreme performance applications...A good example of this would be the platinum plug that comes in LS1 from the factory...This is to last 100k miles but we all know to junk those things because they tend to spark in the manner that I have highlighted before...

Thanks dawg.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally wouldn't run anything less than an autolite AR472 or equivalent, but that's just me.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:05 AM
rjw
TECH Apprentice

Location: Tinker till it blows, then back it off a notch, maybe!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Best plug for afr'd 383 with a magnacharger.

Anyone had good experience?

TR6?

Methanol injection will be used.

Thanks
What kind of power are you making with that setup? Boost? Details?