Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Powerdyne belt slip, Help Again!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 07:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Powerdyne belt slip, Help Again!!!!!

So here's the update. My balancer had a chip in it so i replaced it with a new one. That was probably causing the belt to tear. I then added spacers between the supercharger bracket and alternator to space it out a bit more. The belt no longer tears, but it still slips. I was able to get the belt to slip in park while revving it however it was more extreme when under load and driving. This shows that it is not a transmission issue. What is wrong? I am using an aftermarket tensioner pulley however that is the only thing different. Why does the belt slip? I take the car to 3k rpm and it squeels and slips and the car doesn't move. I don't have a boost gauge however i know it is making boost and believe it is slipping at the supercharger pulley because the intercooler pipes flex out when i rev it and when it slips they quickly contract. Please help me out.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can't make boost reving it. The car has to be under load. So seeing your tubes flex when you rev it means nothing.

You should not have to put any spacers anywhere. As long as you put the right standoffs in the right places you will be fine. Does your tensioner have the correct pulley on it? I do remember having to swap my stock pulley for the powerdyne supplied one.

When will the car be in morgan hill again?

I can try to make it down to help if you want. It should not be this hard. The kit is extremely simple/basic.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should be back up in Morgan Hill in the next week or 2. I am not sure if the tensioner has the correct pulley on it. Help would be great

Quick Reply: Powerdyne belt slip, Help Again!!!!!