Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

BOV reference placement.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006 | 02:07 PM
12 Second Club

Default BOV reference placement.

I hate posting new threads but here goes. Just bought a blowout valve and I was told to reference it to my brake boost line. I cut that pretty thick vacuum line in half and I start smelling something sweet. Is there any other place to use as a reference because if this has to do w/ my brakes I'd rather not have it the T blow out and leave me without brakes at high speeds.

Is there something I'm missing or am I just worrying too much? Anyone that can help me it's much appreciated.
Old 02-04-2006 | 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Justin, trust me, you worry too much. Just clamp the T in and it will not come off. You need a big vacume source for the bov. Every bov we have put on an F-body has gone to the brake booster line. You can even do a search and the results will be the same.
Old 02-04-2006 | 04:14 PM
12 Second Club

Hi Billy. It's just I cut pretty close to the elbow and now I'm concerned about the T coming lose.

But for right now, everything seems to be holding. Can't wait to give it a test run after I get home from work.
Old 02-05-2006 | 09:42 PM
12 Second Club

Hey billy. I just did what you suggested and still nothing. I don't know what's going on. Any way that I could have messed something up or got a bum BOV?

EDIT: Just talked to Dustin and am going to break it in for a while and see if that doesn't help things out. Talk to ya in a few. Thanks Billy & Dustin.

Last edited by reocamaro; 02-06-2006 at 03:16 PM.