Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

help with buliding a turbo set up

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with buliding a turbo set up

hello im pretty new to the forums but so far all teh questions i have asked have been handled quickly and with out flaw. so here it goes.

im looking to build a single turbo set up for my swaped v8 s-10 i have a little experience with turbo installs on the god forsaken H word... but as for chevy small block setups it gets a little more tricky

and i know its crazy but i would like to try to build this as a blow through setup on a single carb.

i want to shoot for a low driveable 380 450 horse after all my s10 weighs nearly nothing and the power train currently is built enough for the extra power and torque the chassis will be handled be fore the install is done.

questions

1.does anyone build a single turbo manifold setup socalled universall for teh 350 d port heads? if so could you guys link to it.

2.oiling system, how do you guys run such hugh turbos and maintain good oil pressure i know from first hand that oiling is the key to a good driving turbo setup.

3. blow through turbo set ups are kinda odd and ends many being custom built if any one has a nice link to a built up blow through it would be great.

4.intercooling is a big factor in low pressure high spooling turbos since teh air charge is compressed quicker and i would like to know of any small air to air or liquid to air coolers that are not set in stone as to there projects.

i know it seems as im asking alot its just that the v8 arena is a new thing to me so far its been a good game i hope it to get better. thanks guys look forward to yoru responses.