Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

FI for California guys!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 02:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default smog legal appearing..

This is what I was thinking about...

Here is my theoretical set up. Also, as a goal, I want the car, when the hood is popped, to look smog legal and pass the sniffer test.

Here is what I got so far…..

402 iron block, 14cc dish, .007 out of the hole, AFR 225’s, 72cc chambers, Head gasket to get the quench in the proper area, LS6 manifold, Stock manifolds or carb shorties, stock cats or Random Tech’s and a new Y pipe and a stock I pipe back to a STS kit. Of course, the necessary fuel system upgrades. Also, a custom cam that will pass smog and tuning….

Can anyone else think of something that I can add?

Anyone have ideas on how much this set up would make? Would it at least make the 455 my car has now? I know it will kill it in torque.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CHRISPY
To stay Cali smog legal I'd go with the procharger and a very mild cam with lots of exhaust bias for the stock manifolds.

It'll pass easily and make great power.

I was gonna initially follow this same route, but i ended up going turbo and i will never look back. After alot of time, research and consideration I decided on going turbo because, I was keeping the car for good, I wanted really good fuel economy and I wanted it to be a complete sleeper. Boost comes on early and it pulld all the way to redline, my egts are low and I peak at 12 lbs of boost Fuel economy could be better because boost feels so damn good, it takes alot of self control to stay off the boost.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think hes probably chosen the route to take by now! You do realize this thread is over 2 years old right?
Old 09-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mahhddgtp
Time to move to Northern Cal.
Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Time to move OUT of Cali.
Originally Posted by IH8RICE
I'm moving to Nevada next month.
Moving out of state is easier said than done.

Quick Reply: FI for California guys!