Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

got an idea....

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Turbo Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you post pics of your setup for us to see?
Some old pics are here: http://www.fastrides.com/photos/rice_etr/default.aspx
I have since cleaned things up a bit but you get the idea on the loop i had to make. I will post up some current ones over the weekend. The lowest spots on the car now are the oil pan and tq arm mount.....no more rubbing/crushing pipes.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bigturboZ... do you have any pics of your setup or maybe give a brief detailed description of your layout... thanks!!

ARRRHHH!!! Im so tweaked on this!! Im still uncertain on which way i would like to go... F1c or twing 66's or single t88 or 91mm. They all have they're good and bad points and all can get me into the 9's.. just hard to figure it all out. One thing is for sure, i MUST have a/c or no deal...

any twin turbo guys retain their a/c?
Old 06-23-2006, 02:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by obZidian
bigturboZ... do you have any pics of your setup or maybe give a brief detailed description of your layout... thanks!!

ARRRHHH!!! Im so tweaked on this!! Im still uncertain on which way i would like to go... F1c or twing 66's or single t88 or 91mm. They all have they're good and bad points and all can get me into the 9's.. just hard to figure it all out. One thing is for sure, i MUST have a/c or no deal...

I'm working on a custom one right now. shouldn't be too long to go.

Srun
Old 06-23-2006, 03:33 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by obZidian

Just wondering, why are you so emphatic about retaining AC? I've lived in Florida all my life and so far none of the cars I've owned have had a functional ac system. My last one had a black leather interior to boot. Maybe I've just gotten used to it?

You seem to have a really nice car in the Caddy that you could dd. Why not just try to make the most power you can with the Z without the AC. It would make setting up your forced induction system easier (what ever you may choose) and you less frustrated. Just trying to help, not pick a fight.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:21 PM
TECH Addict

nah, not that uptight i am... ne'er w'l i sker'y about n' find me a bone to pick! ARR!!!

(Sorry, just finished watching pirates of the caribbean 1 (black pearl) and it has rub of on me.. arr savy!!)

Well, if by removing the A/C it would be no fun would it.... Im not sure which part of florida you live..oh wait, Jax Beach.. hold a sec while google map helps me a bit....

Ahh, jacksonville.. well, not sure how the weather is up there, driven through but never stayed more then a day. Anyhow, here, in the summer, it gets hot and quit humid. And when its not hot a humid, you get freak thunderstorms which now you have to roll up the windows (that is if they even make it up im time since they have a mind of their own they do....ARR!) Now, those storms are intersting where you can drive 5 minutes in a particular direction and get sunny skies... Accompainied with the hot an humid temps i spoke of before. Though, your wind shield at one point or another could get foggy which now you have no way of fixxing since you have removed the A/C...

N' love for natural climate n' miami i say, na'h.... n'n at all!!!

It can be done and to be honest, its more fun this way. Don't like easy setups i suppose. I'm more frustrated, if you can call it that, more like my rantz aye... , is more along the lines that i cannot make up my mind... you know, brunnette or blonde, distinct styles but just as appealing you see.. arr!
Old 06-23-2006, 06:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

well over here in dallas, you get great smog from all of the trucks that have more smoke coming out of their tail pipes than you see at a burn out contest. then you have the great breeze of 1 mph swifting in all of the smog from outside inside your car. then you cant forget about the great weather of mid to upper 90's...that's just the start of summer, wait till it gets to it's peak in summer weather. now those are greta times! hot 100+ temps outside, exaust smog from the guy that got his car to pass all the emisions test (car must have started fkking up after he got his inspection i guess) and the winds breeze of jack ****...a/c becomes a must.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:33 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just to let you know Jacksonville gets hot as **** too. 100% humidity all the time, 90+ every day of summer, most are 100+ heat index. It may not get as hot as Miami, because you're closer to the equator, but I'm pretty sure every city in Fl is going to be freakishly hot in the summer. I don't know about Miami, but it also gets really cold here sometimes. First day I drove my last car I was talking about to school it was 28 degrees @ 6:45am. That's when I found out the heater didn't work. Does it get cold down there or is it hot as hell all the time? Good luck with getting everything in there with the ac, make sure to post up pics when you're done. I'm sure everyone will be interested.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:45 AM
TECH Addict

Dude, i'll get detailed schematics when im done!!

Yeah, i figured that it should get hot in jacksonville and the threat of hurricanes and thunderstorms are just a likely. Howoever, your brought up a good point. THe temp doesn't really go down much at all. I love the cold weather, and jacksonville has cooler temps being farther north. I dont think i have woke'n up with 28 degree temp. Maybe a mid 60 or 50 during night time but that is it. (not to sure on the numbers but no near 28, thats COLD!!)

The a/c is not only a convinence but a goal i have set for myself. We'll see how it turns out...