Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

<< Turbo-Zone public release of single kit >>

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 02:12 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fellas, I know you have many questions. Please call or e-mail as a primary contact. Checking the forum only delays the answers that I know you guys would like to get answered quickly.

No pics on the web site yet.

Plug/wire access is excellent as we use a CNC replica of the stock LS1 designed header flange and route the tubing for easy access.

W/G's are routed either way, it's up to the customer.

Yes, ALL accessories are included in kits.

No problem with the number of questions, however, many of these same questions have been previously answered. Please take the time to read this post or the twin turbo post. Thanks!
Old 07-10-2006, 02:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

How long before you finish the kits that keep the ac? I need pics. Ready to buy.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:58 PM
Suspended Sponsor

Nice setup guys
Old 07-11-2006, 01:32 PM
TECH Resident

I just wanted to say that John always answers the phone or calls you back. I had a good experience with him and wanted to wish him good luck on the kits. I will be posting up some pics soon of my twin turbo C-5 with his turbos . Thanks again John.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

The comunication is certainly there -- I sent them an email yesterday afternoon and had not one, but two responses back by the time I got back home in the evening.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:25 PM
Restricted User

Thanks for the compliments! We will take them !
Old 08-01-2006, 01:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

John, you should use some S76 or S88 units. More compact and boat loads of power. Congrats on the kit.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:42 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 08-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Restricted User

Everything now is a matter of fitting it in the schedule. If I had more time I would acquire one and make sure it fit. Right now I don't have access to one of those units or extra time to fit any other units.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Hmm, I can talk to Jose about sending you a mock up unit if you wish??
Old 08-01-2006, 03:55 PM
Restricted User

That would be great. Thanks for the offer. A test fit and away we go!
Old 08-01-2006, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man, I've been away from this area for too long. I'm glad to see this kit coming along. I intend to play with my N2O setup for a little bit, but I will definitly be making the move to a turbo very soon. Thanks for making a kit that everybody has been asking for.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:11 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NOSjohn
Yes, this kit uses the truck manifolds. The turbo shown is a PT-72 but we have fit up to an 82mm. We designed this so a larger turbo would fit. More than likely an 88mm will fit. That down pipe is a 3" but we can make up to a 4" or larger. Realistically, any larger would need different routing and bigger than 3.5" will necessitate going to our race kit (which includes an IC for 1,000HP plus). Cost of the kits is on the web site. They vary in price.

Hahaaa....it's Smurf-tastic ! Thanks Tony! PM on it's way.
now going with a pt88 1)would you have to make a bracket to support the weight of that turbo or just let the pipes support it and not crack anywhere and 2) do u just sell the whole kit or can you sell just the pipe that the turbo attatch to? if so how much
Old 08-02-2006, 09:04 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

John, we will be sending blank S series unit on Monday. Send Jose or me the address to send it to. I think these units will be great for the guys wanting to make huge power and not have to cut the car to pieces or move everything in sight...hehe.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bumpin_records
now going with a pt88 1)would you have to make a bracket to support the weight of that turbo or just let the pipes support it and not crack anywhere and 2) do u just sell the whole kit or can you sell just the pipe that the turbo attatch to? if so how much
He isn't sure about the pt88 yet, there is a bracket to support the turbo, and he does not sell just the crossover. Check out his site for the eco street kit which includes all the hot piping etc.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

John,

Do you have pics of the kit with the turbo mounted and the stock fans (and stock rad support) in place?

Also I'd like to see pictures of the charge pipe to the MAF for the eco street kit.

Are you able to drain the turbo to the dipstick area or do you need to tap the front of the pan?

Cheers,
Chris
Old 08-02-2006, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CHRISPY
John,

Do you have pics of the kit with the turbo mounted and the stock fans (and stock rad support) in place?

Also I'd like to see pictures of the charge pipe to the MAF for the eco street kit.

Are you able to drain the turbo to the dipstick area or do you need to tap the front of the pan?

Cheers,
Chris

I am also intersted in these questions.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Restricted User

Holy moly - a half day goes by and I finally get a notice a new post was made here...hahahaa. Answers to follow...
Old 08-02-2006, 11:28 AM
Restricted User

sandmann - thanks for the compliment.

bumpin - there is already a bracket provided. we only sell kits. (edit - FYI) this kit has specific items and hardware provided that allow this type of setup to work. they are SPECIFIC to this design. if we were to just sell hot parts, then we would have MANY complaints and unhappy customers. the Eco-Street kit is BY FAR the best bang-for-the-buck. you get everything you need to bolt a turbo up at the COST it would take any normal person to do it THEMSELVES. we designed this kit for the customer. it takes all the guess work out of doing it for yourself (DIY).

DRTURBO - thanks for the idea, you guys are TOO good to us!! a great idea that
will make many happy customers with that potential for power. thanks again!!!

nassy - thanks for the help. we have recently fit an 88 with our radiator cover which spaces the rad back an inch, allowing enough room. add $100 for the cover to the Race-Zone kit price.

chrispy - no pics of that stuff but remind me in a few days and we'll take some. the turbo drain needs to be on the pan, we recommend a few spots to tap.

Any other questions, you guys are welcome to call : 315-395-6525
Old 08-02-2006, 01:49 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by NOSjohn
sandmann - thanks for the compliment.

bumpin - there is already a bracket provided. we only sell kits. (edit - FYI) this kit has specific items and hardware provided that allow this type of setup to work. they are SPECIFIC to this design. if we were to just sell hot parts, then we would have MANY complaints and unhappy customers. the Eco-Street kit is BY FAR the best bang-for-the-buck. you get everything you need to bolt a turbo up at the COST it would take any normal person to do it THEMSELVES. we designed this kit for the customer. it takes all the guess work out of doing it for yourself (DIY).

DRTURBO - thanks for the idea, you guys are TOO good to us!! a great idea that
will make many happy customers with that potential for power. thanks again!!!

nassy - thanks for the help. we have recently fit an 88 with our radiator cover which spaces the rad back an inch, allowing enough room. add $100 for the cover to the Race-Zone kit price.

chrispy - no pics of that stuff but remind me in a few days and we'll take some. the turbo drain needs to be on the pan, we recommend a few spots to tap.

Any other questions, you guys are welcome to call : 315-395-6525
The addres on the website correct?? I will hand it to Jason and Jose and see when they can give me the blank to send out.

Quick Reply: << Turbo-Zone public release of single kit >>