Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

need help with my alternator bracket

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RW99
I'm one of the guys with a non-functional PTK alternator relocation setup. As stated above, this rig was built with the tensioner pushing against the back of the belt... and mine actually pushed the belt right against itself... shred mania. Massaging, etc. has been used with success on other cars, at other shops... but mine just won't come together correctly.

I've been down for months waiting for some sort of fix. Smokin's bracket should be on the car today/tomorrow, we'll see how it works. Huge thanks go out to him for fabbing up a couple brackets REALLY quickly.

As for PTK, they are fabricating a new setup this week (so says Luke, the guy doing the work) and they will send this to me as well. This new setup will position the tensioner correctly, IMO, so that the tensioner pulley can be the normal ribbed type pushing the belt outward toward the passenger fender. Just like Smokin's...

So there you go.

MIA: hopefully PTK will have it sorted out by the time your kit ships. Their new setup will use the stock alternator, by the way.
Has there been any update on this? My car threw a belt today and it looks like the stock tensioner and tensioner pulley is still on it but not even touching the belt. I drove it home that way but I think if I get on it the belt will come off again.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:57 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd like to know how much these were selling for I've got a few made that are alot better than that but I didn't even consider selling them
Old 09-04-2006, 10:15 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
I'd like to know how much these were selling for I've got a few made that are alot better than that but I didn't even consider selling them
Pics?
Old 09-04-2006, 11:45 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,160 Likes on 754 Posts

Anyone make one that put the alt on the passenger side top, and works with ac and ps deleted... and uses a spring tensioner.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:19 AM
On The Tree

Anyone know what size belt to run with the Bracket and alternator that comes with the kit, using the stock tensioner and an underdrive pulley on the crank? I have a 760 belt on it now which i think is 76 1/2 inches according to Napa's parts book and it almost touches itself where the tensioner is. Not to mention how big a pain it was to put on.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:19 AM
TECH Resident

Sorry for the delay in getting back to all of you, but the Slowhawk bracket works just fine on my PTK kit... we're using a Katech tensioner, and I'll have to check with Nick at Newtech to see what length the belt is. Nice to see the belt nestled into that grooved pulley on the tensioner, that's for sure.

FYI, sticking the stock alternator up there on this particular bracket puts it REALLY close to the passenger fuel rail. As in FAST rails won't work with it.

Rich
Old 10-31-2006, 07:08 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowhawk

Consider it now?
Old 10-31-2006, 07:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried to buy one when he said that and never got a PM back
Old 10-31-2006, 07:52 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Frost
Consider it now?
I have one on my bench.Not the best looking but decent from what I've seen.Waiting till I get PurEvl's motor out to verify fitment again.If it pans out right I'll offer to make a few this winter.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:29 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm gonna call Dalton today and ask about his new arrangement, I appreciate it Slohawk but my car is sitting at a buddy's place right now just waiting for some working alternator solution.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Frost
Consider it now?
i got one of the prototype old ones on my car now, hes got a new one for it. Im sure he would sell it.

Quick Reply: need help with my alternator bracket