Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

turbo setup....

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 08:50 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo setup....

Ok, I have a few questions, I just purchased a nice nitrous setup and was going to change out my throttle body to a 80mm bbk and a ls6 intake. And I was going to buy a set of headers.

My question is now, I'm considering just going to a turbo setup since some are selling a kit here cheap.

My questions that if I go to a turbo setup, will I benefit from the 80mm bbk throttle body or the ls6 intake. I assume I should keep them because it will bring in more air corrrect?

Obviously, I know I won't need headers now, so that saved me some dough.

The nitrous setup seems easy to me (used it before), now going to a turbo setup, I'm confused, lol.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any time you increase the intake flow you're better off. So keep the TB and intake if you can. Turbo's are a little more complicated than nitrous but you'll figure it all out.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would keep the LS6 intake, but in my opinion the TB is not needed. I would spend the money elsewhere (you will need lots of money ) Most of the guys on here run a stock 75mm TB with great results.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:37 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bowtieman81
I would keep the LS6 intake, but in my opinion the TB is not needed. I would spend the money elsewhere (you will need lots of money ) Most of the guys on here run a stock 75mm TB with great results.
that's what I'm afraid of, money. Not that I don't have it, don't want to spend it, really. Getting ready to buy another house.

The hard part is, with bolt ons and 150 shot, I can put down 500whp all day long, but in return, I have to keep refilling that bottle. I could go the turbo route, and have no problem putting down 500whp or a little more, but no more bottle refilling, lol.

Hmmm, frustrating, hehe.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:00 AM
Launching!

you mean all day long with the turbo
Old 08-02-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Turbo setups can get really expensive really quick. I'd lay out your game plan, avoid any uneccesary purchases (like the TB) and stick to the plan. A 500rwhp turbo kit can be made pretty cheap...it's all the extras your "might as well do while its apart" that will kill you.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

I was in the same boat as you. I had the nitrous kit, but saw the limitations to it right away after using it. Decided to go turbo.

If you can find a good used turbo kit I say go for it. If you don't like it you can remove it and sell it. That is my plan

Quick Reply: turbo setup....