Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Help with my setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 02:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with my setup

hi guys my name is shaun, im 21 and im from australia, this is my first post on ls1tech...

I am currently in the process of building a Turbo LS1 and in need of some help. Curently as the engine stands it is a stock ls1 out of a commodore.

Bolt ons for it at the moment i have are a Garrett gt42rs turbo, T6 flanged with 1.15a/r. I was in the process of building a rb26/30 and was going to use this turbo with the little help of nos to help get boost up on the convertor....but as you can tell i have scraped that idea

From what i have been reading it now seems the turbo that i have seems pretty average to you guys, Im a big fan of good reving engines so hopefully buy the time my build is done i want to be able to swing it up to say around to 7000-7500rpm.

Now my questions are, now that i have the cubes im looking at going a bigger turbo, because garrett is a widely used turbo in australia ill probally stick with garrett or turbonetics, im tosing up between either going a gt47 or twin gt3540's with 1.06a/r's for the gt35's but i am not sure what to use on the gt47, at this stage im not quite sure if the engine is going to be bigger than 347, soo that will need to me taken into consideration

ill defitnelly be asking more questions as i go, because help on these type of things is very hard to get in australia becuase its not done so much, and people that do it dont like to share their secerts....

thanks so much guys for ya help

shaun
Old 08-24-2006, 12:09 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

GT47 like my GT47-88 turbo?

http://psj.ls1tech.com/gallery/main....&g2_itemId=228

I'd be bummed if I had to turn it to 7500 to make max power. I'm hoping for 6500-7000 but I guess we will see.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the board Shaun.

There is a ton of knowledge here in the FI section and plenty of helpful members too. Stick around and i'm sure you'll get your answers.

As for turbo recommendations, i'd PM Jose@Forced Inductions(JZ 97 SS 1500 is his screen name) or Dr.Turbo. Both those guys are really knowledgable when it comes to chosing the right turbo for a specific combo.

J

Quick Reply: Help with my setup