Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

will meth kill a fuel injector?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 11:10 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default will meth kill a fuel injector?

i talked to this guy for a few minutes this weekend. he is running strait meth. he has at least 16 injectors and has had the same fuel system for 3years. they never flush the system and have had no injector failures.

i have asked in the past about leaving meth in an injector and have been told be several people that the injector wont last. are these guys just geting lucky or has no one really tried it?

i would love to build a bad *** non intercooled motor with a twin fuel system. pump gas to some 42lb injectors and strait meth to at least 8 160lb injectors. the computer would phase over to the meth injectors as the boost came up.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think if you can leave meth in a pressurized enviornment with no exposure to oxygen, it shouldnt do any damage..
Old 11-06-2006, 08:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Talking Oh ya!!

I can comment, from personal experience, [jr fuel rail], that strait meth WILL take the anodizing off the insides of the AN fittings.
And,it'll make the rubber liner, in braided hose, get harder than "the back of Superman's head"!!

The above comment about a sealed system/no air, is valid. Any alky leaks will turn the alum it contacts, to a corroded surface.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:57 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Over what period of time though ??
Old 11-06-2006, 04:06 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well generally speaking Alky/Meth is fairly corrosive. But most of the fuel injectors and pumps are rated for any fuel including alcohol and same with most fuel pump and notice I am saying Most. If you cotact the manufacturer and ask them if thier pump or equipment is designed for use with alcohol etc... will be the deciding factor as I know you know that. Only other thing to be concerned with is fuel line it's self. If ou were wanting to do what you are talking about you might talk to Kurt Urban or even Jim at Speed Inc. They are running dual fuel systems that runs on pump until a certain point and then it switches over to race fuel as the boost increases etc... Very simular to what you are tryig to do etc...I am sure most have read about it in GM-Hightech.