Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Planning for a Procharger... questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 10:14 AM
11Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Planning for a Procharger... questions

Hey all,

I'm going to be getting a Procharger in the next six months or so, and I'm trying to plan out the cam and heads. I have a few questions for you guys...

1) Does an oversized intake runner hurt you when running FI?
2) What kind of boost can you run in Texas heat with a 9.3:1 CR? That's what I'm anticipating.
3) Does anyone use a cam with LSK lobes for their FI setup? If so, are the gains worth the strain on the springs?

TIA.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:25 PM
11Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ttt.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:19 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by Gauge
Hey all,

I'm going to be getting a Procharger in the next six months or so, and I'm trying to plan out the cam and heads. I have a few questions for you guys...

1) Does an oversized intake runner hurt you when running FI?
2) What kind of boost can you run in Texas heat with a 9.3:1 CR? That's what I'm anticipating.
3) Does anyone use a cam with LSK lobes for their FI setup? If so, are the gains worth the strain on the springs?

TIA.
Does an oversized intake runner hurt you when running FI?
Your low-end power will basically suffer the same as it would N/A.

What kind of boost can you run in Texas heat with a 9.3:1 CR? That's what I'm anticipating.
With the twin high flow 4.5" intercoolers you should be able to run 12 psi of boost without a problem. By adding methanol injection you can run more boost, or add a front mount interooler kit. This is provided you have a forged bottom end. On a stock bottom end I like to keep the boost down to around 8 psi.

Does anyone use a cam with LSK lobes for their FI setup? If so, are the gains worth the strain on the springs?
I don't know of anyone who has done any direct comparisons with the newer LSK cam profiles for forced induction. Possibly someone else will comment on this. Bob

Quick Reply: Planning for a Procharger... questions