Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Who all ordered an OFI kit!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 07:36 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Attached are a few more pics. Headers, intercooler, pump, and watertank are all installed. Everything is going on pretty easily. Joel, I'm out of parts to install!
Attached Thumbnails Who all ordered an OFI kit!!!!-engine-bay.jpg   Who all ordered an OFI kit!!!!-pump.jpg   Who all ordered an OFI kit!!!!-intercooler.jpg   Who all ordered an OFI kit!!!!-intercooler-2.jpg  
Old 12-08-2006, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a pm today from Joel so I should have mine soon
Old 12-10-2006, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TurboGoat
week 9 here

Joel told me saturday that he could get me the hotparts this week, hoping so. I have not heard from him yet this week.
Joel can you give us another update we are heading into the middle of december this is driving me nuts. Friday you said you were test fitting my hotparts and if it went ok you would be getting them shipped out. give me some good news man come on.
At this point if I cant get the complete kit within the next week or two max, I am seriously considering cancelling, I just can't keep waiting.

Last edited by TurboGoat; 12-10-2006 at 08:28 PM.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Update needed also besides it will be here before X-mas. The Gen TTR kit looks pretty damn good now if this does not work itself out by friday!
Old 12-10-2006, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ozws6
Attached are a few more pics. Headers, intercooler, pump, and watertank are all installed. Everything is going on pretty easily. Joel, I'm out of parts to install!
Hmm, those are interesting pics. The intercooler is not where I expected. So I take it you lose the foam bumper support completely?

Please post more pics as you get them.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:41 PM
...with cheese.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Those headers look pretty good to me.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:46 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Guys...Im sorry that its taking this long. I dont know what else to tell you. If you all want refunds I might as well close my doors. A good turbo company comes around and develops 3 GM single turbo kits since augest and has delivered 3 kits to this day. I have only been open since Augest and and selling kits since mid september. I dont know what else you guys want from me. Just friday I developed anxiety out of blue. This is putting alot of stress on me lately. So its not only you guys.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:19 PM
Staging Lane

I did the tune on joels car tonight and i got to tell you guys, this turbo is worth waiting for. It is a beautiful work of art and is well worth the wait. I have tuned alot of turbo cars and this is the one I would put on my own car. Anyone that does not wait for this would be crazy. The 93 LT1 we tuned could make 3 pulls in a row and not run hot. The temp ran at 190 degrees all day long. Great kit. GOOD JOB JOEL!!!!
Old 12-10-2006, 11:29 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tt427ls1
Guys...Im sorry that its taking this long. I dont know what else to tell you. If you all want refunds I might as well close my doors. A good turbo company comes around and develops 3 GM single turbo kits since augest and has delivered 3 kits to this day. I have only been open since Augest and and selling kits since mid september. I dont know what else you guys want from me. Just friday I developed anxiety out of blue. This is putting alot of stress on me lately. So its not only you guys.
I read your above post and felt crazy; I could have sworn you said this wouldn't happen......then I found at least one post you made that made me feel not so crazy:

Im not going to go into anymore detail on how the kit is setup until it is released. Pictures will be up when it is ready. I understand all the proplems that people are having lately. I have spoken to Tony about this and NO orders will be taken until the kit is done. You can call and put your name on the list if you want one, but I will not take your money. Give it to Tony to buy a c6 z06 . After I have some hot parts all made up then I will take some orders. That way they will ship out with in 1 week. The kit will be well worth it.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:33 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by ninetres
I read your above post and felt crazy; I could have sworn you said this wouldn't happen......then I found at least one post you made that made me feel not so crazy:
Things dont always go as planned. So shoot me.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:54 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Things dont always go as planned. So shoot me.
lol

Your kits look super-nice, so hopefully it won't be too much longer for your customers who have paid to receive them (and all included parts). If it doesn't take forever they most likely will conclude the wait was worth it. Get-r-done!
Old 12-11-2006, 12:22 AM
On The Tree

Trust me anything he builds is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! The wait is WELL worth it,TRUST ME!!! Im a very good friend and he delivers what he says.Once my rolling chassis is done,the car will be headed over to him for TT,A2W and all the other goodies that he can make me spend money on.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:04 AM
Banned

Joel from what I have seen you do some very nice work. Don't let the stress of running a business get you bent all out of whack. I think people are just ansy about the whole deal to due past experiences with turbo companys in general.

I have said all along to that when I launch my turbo shop to the public and here on LS1tech that I would not under any circumstance take a deposit ot sell anything I didn't have ready to ship. I don't have problem telling people to wait until I have another kit to sell instead of taking someones cash and having to explain every delay. Its just business. That's just how it has to be to stay alive in this deal.

Hang in there man...
Old 12-11-2006, 04:31 AM
TECH Regular

well think of it this way, its mid december, how much use can you really get out of a turbo v8 this time of year? good things come to those who wait. at least it isnt mid summer all nice out like it was while my car was in the shop getting a new engine cause my engine gave out the first week with a turbo in it. but the STS doesnt come with tune, boost guage, intercooler, or bov. quality beats quantity in this case. waiting sucks I get all ADD when it comes to waiting but anyhow I doubt my post made anybody waiting feel any better but maybe .... ~Guy
Old 12-11-2006, 05:53 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ninetres
It is our fault too, the customer. We should also take the initiative in that we call Joel and say

Costumer: Hey, how are you doing?
Joel: Real good, just banging out turbo parts like a Hong Kong sweat shop.
Customer: Wow, sounds like you are working hard, do you have any complete kits ready to go out?
Joel: Not right now, I have a bunch of bits and pieces
Customer: When do you think you might have a complete kit ready for sale?
Joel: It is tough to say, I would say in about 3 weeks
Customer: Great, I will call you back then.
Joel: I feel I should mention to you that you are not the only person looking for this kit, people are lined up like it is Playstation 3. I would call back in 2 weeks for a more definitive answer on when I might have another complete kit. Whomever calls first with payment will receive the kit.
Customer: Fair enough, we don't want another Hi-Flo disaster. Hey if you ever want to chat on the forums, my name is IDON'TWANTTOGETSCREWEDOVERBYANOTHERTURBOCOMPANYSOI WON'TOFFERMONEYUPFRONTANDWILLTAKEMYCHANCESCALLINGA TTHERIGHTTIME
Old 12-11-2006, 06:29 AM
TECH Addict

HAHAHHAHAHA

So true..... good one BTW....
Old 12-11-2006, 06:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ssdriver27
well think of it this way, its mid december, how much use can you really get out of a turbo v8 this time of year? good things come to those who wait. at least it isnt mid summer all nice out like it was while my car was in the shop getting a new engine cause my engine gave out the first week with a turbo in it. but the STS doesnt come with tune, boost guage, intercooler, or bov. quality beats quantity in this case. waiting sucks I get all ADD when it comes to waiting but anyhow I doubt my post made anybody waiting feel any better but maybe .... ~Guy
10 weeks now, I just had to miss a track event here down south that I had prepaid 6months ago and though I would for sure have the car running to test it by now. Another one is coming up in Jan. I won't miss that for anyone. I've been extremely patient and I know Joel is busting his *** but you get to a point where your like screw it. I've got like 25+ pm's going back to september when I first started inquirying all with varying eta's
I have tried not to bug Joel much but lately I am checking in more frequently.

Last edited by TurboGoat; 12-11-2006 at 08:39 PM.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

13th will be my 6th week..........
Old 12-11-2006, 09:14 AM
TECH Regular

Today is week 5 for me. Joel has also told me I should have it by x-mas.

JOEL PLEASE RESPOND TO MY PM'S ASAP!!!
Old 12-11-2006, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm sorry but 9 weeks is nothing. I waited over a year to get my whole kit. Having been in your situation I understand wanting to have the kit in your hands, but seeing as how its only been 9 or 10 weeks I wouldnt be worried yet.

Quick Reply: Who all ordered an OFI kit!!!!