Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

HKS EVC 6 electronic boost controller...thoughts???

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 09:39 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HKS EVC 6 electronic boost controller...thoughts???

Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge or opinions on the quality and function of any of the HKS EVC boost controllers, especially the latest version the EVC VI. Maybe DrTurbo or Jose have experience with the HKS controllers.

The new EVC VI looks really nice but I don't want to drop $520 (lowest price I have found) if it is a piece of crap. I know a lot of people on here love the Eboost 2 but I don't want a guage style controller.

Thanks for any input.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:56 PM
TECH Regular

I guess this would probably be a better question for the import crowd. I'm sure HKS is a much bigger name with them. But I did see that Forcedinductions.com has the HKS EZ 2 on their site as the only other controller they list besides the eboost 2.

So maybe the HKS controllers are pretty good???

Anyone???

A friend had one on his 3000GT VR4 and really liked it but that was over 6 years ago...
Old 01-22-2007, 10:35 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have used all of them. The most solid box style import controller is a Greddy Profec B if your going that route. We have those on the shelf as well.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:53 AM
10 Second Club

i have one on my car and love it . it is a speacial edition v

i dont know if other boost controllers do this but when im racing in the winter i start in low boost and hit a botton to throw it in high boost ... works well has never failed me!!
Old 01-22-2007, 01:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mr_president
i have one on my car and love it . it is a speacial edition v
How easy is it to setup and program? I assume for the price that all these controllers hold the wastegate closed for faster spool until full boost is achieved??
Old 01-22-2007, 08:40 PM
10 Second Club

yup there great however the instructions come in japenis.the psi reading comes in kpa. so make sure you ask for one that reads psi and ask for english instructions which i learned the hard way and got japenis grrr...took for ever to install...hks sells english instructions for 5$ good luck i have yet to figure out all of there settings!!! they have some cool modes though!!

Quick Reply: HKS EVC 6 electronic boost controller...thoughts???