Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

whats the best meth kit???

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default whats the best meth kit???

Ive never played with meth/water injection before and I was wondering how the solinoids activate, are they progressive with boost pressure or do they just turn on and off or are there options to the kits? (Ive heard they hook up to a 2 bar map also.) if there are which one do I want.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:59 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out AlkyControl. Good customer service and a product he stands behind. I am doing very well with my kit.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

do they have any safety provisions?
Old 01-19-2007, 03:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lmt0705
do they have any safety provisions?
I believe they started including a low pressure warning light, but you really need to call them.

Mike
Old 01-21-2007, 03:16 PM
9 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I run a dual nozzle Alkycontrol kit. As mentioned above, Julio's customer support is second to none and the components are top notch.

The Alkycontrol kit has a nice progresive controller setup which will start feeding at a set MAP reading (4psi stock setup) and ramp up to your dialed in tune settings (set pump ramp rate to target boost level) that you want to use as boost increases. It can run with a 2-bar or 3-bar MAP sensor depending on the goals for you project. Julio will recommend the appropriate combination of 1 or 2 nozzles with the sizes that you need to feed your project.

The controller has a pump activity LED to monitor when the kit is on. The fuel cells have an option for low fuel warning sensor which ties into a LED with the controller that notifies you with enough time to shutdown before you run out of fuel even on a big dual nozzle setup.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2001-WS6
I run a dual nozzle Alkycontrol kit. As mentioned above, Julio's customer support is second to none and the components are top notch.

The Alkycontrol kit has a nice progresive controller setup which will start feeding at a set MAP reading (4psi stock setup) and ramp up to your dialed in tune settings (set pump ramp rate to target boost level) that you want to use as boost increases. It can run with a 2-bar or 3-bar MAP sensor depending on the goals for you project. Julio will recommend the appropriate combination of 1 or 2 nozzles with the sizes that you need to feed your project.

The controller has a pump activity LED to monitor when the kit is on. The fuel cells have an option for low fuel warning sensor which ties into a LED with the controller that notifies you with enough time to shutdown before you run out of fuel even on a big dual nozzle setup.

I SECOND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE ... JULIO IS ONE OF A KIND...
Old 01-23-2007, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I talk with Julio every Thurs night at BMP. Him and his crew(friends/customers) are always there racing their turbo buicks and Turbo TA's. They are all going really fast for their mod level as well.

Julio has spec'd out a system for me as well, just gotta get a few other miscellaneous things outta the way first, then its order time.

Julio stands behind his product, uses his product, and will do whatever it takes to make sure the customer is happy.

There are lots of kits out there, some more high tech than others, some higher priced than others... But Julio's the only one I will give my money to.

FWIW, the most high tech, high dollar kits Ive ever seen are from a European company called Aquamist... Google it and see for yourself. Those kits are computer controlled and use fuel injectors to deliver the water/meth... Talk about exotic!!
Old 01-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Fire67
I

FWIW, the most high tech, high dollar kits Ive ever seen are from a European company called Aquamist... Google it and see for yourself. Those kits are computer controlled and use fuel injectors to deliver the water/meth... Talk about exotic!!
Sometimes that high zoot stuff isn't better, it's just more that can screw up!
More often than not, the KISS method works pretty well!
Julio's kit has been proven to work and you even said it yourself that he uses it on his own car. That's good enough for me!

Originally Posted by NASTYTRANSAM
I SECOND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE ... JULIO IS ONE OF A KIND...
and I third it! Julio is on the ball! I ordered some parts for a used kit that I bought on Friday and Monday they were at my house! He also sent me the instructions and a couple of other things that I wasn't sure if I needed or not, but he sent them just in case! You can't beat that!
Old 01-26-2007, 03:50 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Julio and Snow are the best..... I do like Snow's controller though...and it works great controller nitrous as well...hehe
Old 01-26-2007, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=LuvmyC5]Sometimes that high zoot stuff isn't better, it's just more that can screw up!
More often than not, the KISS method works pretty well!
Julio's kit has been proven to work and you even said it yourself that he uses it on his own car. That's good enough for me!

I was just pointing out that there are more high tech kits out there that most on here have never heard of. I wouldnt buy any of them for a few reasons:
A) Too expensive
B) what kind of customer service can be expected from a co. in Europe?
C) Ive never seen any of their kits on anything

Julio will take all the time in the world to explain in detail everything he can... If he cant satisfy you with his answers and knowledge, then you cant be satisfied.

My vote has and always will go out to Julio.

fwiw, The snow kits are nice as well. No experience with them, but the ones Ive seen first hand are nice. And I like what Ive read about their new failsafe box that monitors gph and can open your bypass valve(supercharged) or control the wastegate(turbo) to lower boost in the event of a failure or drop in flow.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:31 PM
TECH Resident

Julio is the man, he will help you w/ any questions you have. Great kit built for the fbody.

110% satisfied.

If you talk to Julio, you will buy one of his kits.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my devils own kit. Customer service was second to none.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:49 PM
11 Second Club

I talked to Julio @ (AlkyControls) yesterday.... He called me to let me know that My kit was not shipped out yet and why... Then he went on to tell me his wife had a head ache / later on passed away from a strock.....How sad I felt doesn't begain to expain how I felt when he told me...... Any one close to Julio should make sure to give him some respect...He needs it....

1000 Percent for Customer service
Old 01-26-2007, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well those that a eboost2 do not need a contorler and I went with everything but that and got everything i needed for 192.00 shipped. Ebay baby all the way.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:19 AM
10 Second Club

another + for Julio

awesome guy
Old 01-27-2007, 01:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NASTYTRANSAM
I talked to Julio @ (AlkyControls) yesterday.... He called me to let me know that My kit was not shipped out yet and why... Then he went on to tell me his wife had a head ache / later on passed away from a strock.....How sad I felt doesn't begain to expain how I felt when he told me...... Any one close to Julio should make sure to give him some respect...He needs it....

1000 Percent for Customer service
oh my god man, i dont know him but that is the worst thing iv ever heard man im sorry for your loss best wishes to you
Old 01-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Launching!

WOW! The same thing happened to me when I ordered some parts from him! He said that he had some matters concerning his wife, but I had No idea as to what, because it was none of my business. His Professionalism must be commended because he still handled his business even though he had some Major things going on in his life!

I'm Sincerely Sorry to hear of his loss! That must be Devastating!

GOD Bless Julio and his family and My prayers are with him!