Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Intercooler for Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 08:01 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Intercooler for Trans Am

You camaro guys are lucky, with that huge opening in the front for an intercooler. However, i've run into a problem. As some might know, i'm doing a twin-turbo setup this winter on my LS1. I'm looking at purchasing one of the ebay cheapies for an intercooler - i've heard that they are actually pretty good, unlike most things on ebay.
now to the problem, until the guy that is helping me build the thing gets room in his shop for my car, the car is sitting under a car cover and an inch or two of snow... I'm looking to cut out the front license plate area and keep the fog lamps on my car b/c i dont really care for the look of the intercooler whenever the fog lamps need to be removed. Can anyone give me the dimensions of what kind of room i have between the fog lamps to fit an intercooler in?? I know that some of the 2in, 1out intercoolers on ebay are something like 27" long x Z" high x 3.5" thick. I'd just liek to know if one of these will fit inbetween the lamps..
Thanks
Old 01-22-2007, 09:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have a twin inlet but I do have the OBX 4'" and retained the foglights. I did have to modify the brackets.