Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Hummer D1 headunit, will it work on C5?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 10:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Hummer D1 headunit, will it work on C5?

Just got a phone call from one of our customers that we installed a procharger D1 kit on his Hummer H2. He recently wrecked the vehicle, and asked me if i'd be interested in the kit. I haven't looked at it at all but, I am under the impression, given the seller, that the head unit is mint.

My question, without looking at the blower itself right now off the vehicle to note which direction the fan blades are curved towards....is, since the H2's have the head unit actually mounted on the driver side, with inlet facing towards the back of the vehicle.... would that work on my C5, which has the blower on the passenger side, and the inlet is facing the front of the vehicle. Would the rotation be the same?

I'm sure if I were to look at the unit in front of me I might be able to answer my question but...I figured someone might know the answer already here.

Thanks.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure that if you would have read your explanation just one more time you would obviously see that their rotations are different from each other . The C5's would have the reverse rotation just like the ones for ls1 f-bodies.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:52 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your gonna need the serial # off unit to verify some things. You should make sure the oil slinger is in the right postion for your bracket assembly.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:39 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doesn't matter what side the head unit is on, it will rotate the same way whether it is on the left or right (or top or bottom for that matter). The direction it is facing determines the way it rotates relative to the crank. In short, no, it won't work.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Hummer D1 headunit, will it work on C5?