Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Magnacharger pics and dyno

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 03:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Magnacharger pics and dyno

Keep in mind, that it's only producing 5lbs of boost at the moment.

This has a baseline dyno with the cutout closed and then the maggie dyno with the cutout closed.

The car now has a great tune and drives just like before until I decide to hammer on it.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks right at home in there, and nice numbers for just 5psi.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:56 PM
SSU Moderator

That pretty much looks like the perfect car for the street. That A/F gauge hooked to a wide-band?
Old 06-30-2007, 05:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RyanJ
That pretty much looks like the perfect car for the street. That A/F gauge hooked to a wide-band?
Yes, it's a wideband.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

nice setup!
Old 06-30-2007, 08:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Mine should be sone soon as well. Nice numbers we will have to hook up before the weather goes.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:29 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

More and more of these are showing up.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:53 AM
11 Second Club

There won't be many more unless Ed @ LMSpeed starts actually taking care of his customers. Maybe even just pick up the phone and return some calls. Or make sure all parts are included and everything is set up properly. Hell, some instructions that were promised to be overnighted a few weeks ago would have been nice. BTW, the reason I only have 5psi is because the charger was sent to me with the 5lb pulley instead of the 7. I would complain to Ed, but he has his money and I'm no longer important enough for him to contact.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:04 AM
Launching!

i didnt think a roots style would fit on our cars
Old 07-01-2007, 01:21 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by supersickss
i didnt think a roots style would fit on our cars
They don't. You have to make the car fit the charger.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:50 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yotaman96
There won't be many more unless Ed @ LMSpeed starts actually taking care of his customers. Maybe even just pick up the phone and return some calls. Or make sure all parts are included and everything is set up properly. Hell, some instructions that were promised to be overnighted a few weeks ago would have been nice. BTW, the reason I only have 5psi is because the charger was sent to me with the 5lb pulley instead of the 7. I would complain to Ed, but he has his money and I'm no longer important enough for him to contact.

Good to know.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yotaman96

Ed is a good guy. I am sorry this happened to you. He isn't like that as far as I know. I am sure it will get worked out!

I was going to do an install with his kit complete with pictures but never had time. So goes life. It looks like a good setup from what I was told.

The kit really does fit, too. I wouldn't mind modifying my cowl to house that magnacharger. I think you will be proud when everything gets worked out.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

That looks sick!

Question, how does this kit compare to a procharger or a vortech kit in terms of power gains, and dollar amounts?

Also, what all is involved in installing it? *you said above that you have to make the car fit the blower*

Thanks!
Old 07-01-2007, 12:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed
Ed is a good guy. I am sorry this happened to you. He isn't like that as far as I know. I am sure it will get worked out!

I was going to do an install with his kit complete with pictures but never had time. So goes life. It looks like a good setup from what I was told.

The kit really does fit, too. I wouldn't mind modifying my cowl to house that magnacharger. I think you will be proud when everything gets worked out.

Don't get me wrong, Ed has been nice on the phone the few times I have been able to talk to him. The problem is, he never delivered things on time when he said he would and I could never get in touch with him when I needed to. I think maybe he started selling these kits before he had everything in place. Hopefully when he gets his shop going, other people won't run into the same problems. The kit is cool, because it's different. That's why I bought it.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by KyleLs1
That looks sick!

Question, how does this kit compare to a procharger or a vortech kit in terms of power gains, and dollar amounts?

Also, what all is involved in installing it? *you said above that you have to make the car fit the blower*

Thanks!
If you're looking for a great daily driver with instant boost, this setup would be good for you. If you want huge peak horspower #'s, then something like procharger would be the way to go. There is not much difference in cost of the two. I just like to be different, that's why I went this route.

You do have to cut some of the cowl out and weld in another plate. You also have to lower the entire K-member about 3/4". That's really no big deal. Farmdawg has a great write up on his installation. You should check it out. Make sure you have the ability to get tuned speed density. There is no room for a MAF with this setup.

Quick Reply: Magnacharger pics and dyno