Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Boost issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 01:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost issue

So I've been having some issues making more than 10lbs on the T76 turbo with my hallman mbc, we had dialed it all the way and it still wouldnt make more than 10-11lbs on the dyno, that was with a yellow spring, 7-8lbs I think, since then I put a 1bar spring in blue one, and it still wouldn't dial over 10-11, now today I unhooked the mbc completely and she boosts all the way over 10 easy, of course i had to get out of it quick to be safe.

So my question is does that mean my boost controller is fubar'd or was hooked up wrong? It didnt seem that it was hooked up wrong per the directions. I am just trying to sort all this out before I put the ST80 on.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:10 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

must be hooked up wrong or fubared. a t76 will go way over 10psi on our cars.....
Old 07-08-2007, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We need a Boost controller/wastegate setup thread or an addition to one of the stickies already at the top. This is a very common question and it'd be easier if those of you who have been through this situation before could chip in, lend your mspaint skillz, and advice on troubleshooting.

What wastegate are you running? I know the tial wastegates have some instruction issues on the ports to use. Hope you get it worked out