Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

INCON FP regulator help

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 05:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default INCON FP regulator help

After looking into why I have been running a few psi less fuel pressure as of late; I have found that the internal diaphram of the FP regulator is leaking.

Getting fuel into the vacume side of the plumbing.

Anyone know of a direct replacement? or if they are rebuildable?

I would be willing to purchace a spare one from someone for cheap, if avail. not really looking to go with a different brand/style than the one that was in the kit due to limited fabrication options for adapting a different one to fit.

I have to change this one in my driveway, and am VERY limited on what I can get away with. .

If I cant find one, the other options avail like the 13101 aeromotive aren't really what I want to switch to since I would probably go with a 97 vette return setup.

any help appreciated.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hi there been a long time -

My incon fpr (they supplied a no label cheap/junk aeomotive iirc) unit went bad and like yours let gas in the sense line. I think most of these fpr's failed. Really were crap. Don't even THINK of replacing with a like model. You can get all the fuel line adapters/parts at a local store to put on a real fpr. Easily done in driveway.

Replaced mine with a Weldon unit from ebay (#2040), but had to change up the line connectors. It's still a remote unit but it works well and gives a good 1:1 rise. It is not necassary to replace all lines and go with a front mount fpr, although many of the boy racers on this site will tell you that. Vette setup is def a +1 but totally unnecassary. If doing it from scratch then front fpr is probably best way.

Last edited by DaveSchott; 08-12-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

Dave, yeah... long time. Good to hear from you, and thanks for the info.

Any idea where to get a decent price on that reg? I hate to say Im trying to cheap out, but Im trying to cheap out. lol.

Lowest Ive seen it for is about 219. I know its a bit more than that, but if I cant do this cheap.... I may as well fab up a twin intank setup, and put in my 60#ers. or use that money for the c5 setup. maybe.

Dunno, I guess I was hoping someone had a cheap incon one to use untill I can swap the shortblock this fall. (my original Incon FP reg lasted 6yrs). Im really just trying to keep the car driveable untill then. thats when it will get an upgraded fuel system, new shortblock, dart heads and bigger injectors. gonna shoot for 13-15#'s and a safe tune then.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

any other suggestions? if this should go to the fueling section; please feel free to move it.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:22 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bowtieman81 would prolly sell his since he is using the 97-98 vette rails

Quick Reply: INCON FP regulator help