Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LS1 Magnasun Supercharger!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 07:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LS1 Magnasun Supercharger!

I knew that there was a kit for the LS1 GTO, but I just found out that Magnasun now makes a kit for the LS1 Camaro/Trans Am! It come with an Eaton 112 roots-style blower, custom pre-mounted intake, fuel rails, 45# fuel injectors, belts and pulleys, and all that jazz. It bolts right up to the engine with no modification. The whole kit is about $6500! Does anyone have it???
Old 08-19-2007, 08:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup i got one. IT doesnt just bolt up belive me!
Old 08-19-2007, 10:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Yup i got one too the only one that sells this kit is LM Speed (LS1 F Body Kit that is) a sponser on here. You have to do some modification, it fits.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So how does it perform? I mean, for over 6g? I could probably do a 383 or 396 stroker for about that much with the same output.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:50 AM
11 Second Club

I couldnt tell you yet how they perform. I have to find out what map sensor i need before i can start tuning/drive it around. Farmdawg and bad monkey are the only other guys i know of that have them. Theres 7 more guys out there with them also(hes sold 10 kits so far). Is it worht the money yes and no. I wanted something differnet. How many people have vortech/prochragers in my opinion, alot. Not to many people are going ot have these on a fbody. Also i was not going for a drag car i just want something fun that goes well. This is it. They make instant torque also. Could you do a 408 or something for cheaper and be happy proably. But a blower on a car leaves a wet spot on your seat everytime you hear it.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Launching!

How good are you at tuning? I was trying to get my tune done before I deployed, and had trouble getting a tuner to work with. This kit requires an SD tune and none of my local shops would touch an SD tune for a street, daily driven car. If I was going track only then I could have gotten it tuned. Check into this before committing money to this. I never got mine tuned to even be able to get into boost so I have no idea how it's gonna feel yet, Badmonkey got his tuned by Ed at LM Speed, and has gotten into boost, but is having some oil consumption issues fouling out his plugs. There are some others on this site that have the kit, I don't remember all of them. It does take some modifications to make it fit.

I can agree with the desire to have something different than the rest of the crowd, that's one reason why I got the kit. It will really grab some people at shows when they see it under the hood, it's not something you normally see on Camaros or T/A's.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:20 AM
11 Second Club

Baddls1 does my tuning for me he posted in my other post. Check him out. once i get the map sensor ill be out tolling around hopefully.

Quick Reply: LS1 Magnasun Supercharger!