Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Looking for head/intake suggestions for D1SC

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 04:00 PM
11Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for head/intake suggestions for D1SC

Hey all,

I'm trying to lay out plans for what I'm going to do with my Procharger setup. Eventually, I'll be getting a D1SC from Bob with a FMIC and hope to be pushing 15ish pounds of boost and 650-700rwhp in the end. Currently, I have forged rods and pistons, and the pistons are -9cc dished.

I'm wanting to know what kind of heads to get primarily. I'm not sure what SCR I should be shooting for or what intake runner size. In addition, I'm wondering what intake to go with. I'm running a stock LS1 throttlebody on an LS6 intake. The L92 option sounds good to my simply because I can jump to a 90mm TB and keep an intake that's stout enough to put up with the pressure (unlike FAST, I read).

Can anyone give me some advice or pointers? Thanks in advance!
Old 09-13-2007, 02:36 PM
11Second Club

TTT. Bob?
Old 09-14-2007, 04:53 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We shoot for a compression ratio of 9.5/1 for ATI ProChargers. Patriot LQ9 Stage 2 heads will give you an easy 700 rwhp, and the combustion chamber cc can be tailored to your pistons to get the desired compression ratio. Your LS6 intake will work just fine with this combination.
FYI. When going past 600 rwhp you have to have a good return style fuel system. Bob
Old 09-14-2007, 08:55 AM
11Second Club

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
We shoot for a compression ratio of 9.5/1 for ATI ProChargers. Patriot LQ9 Stage 2 heads will give you an easy 700 rwhp, and the combustion chamber cc can be tailored to your pistons to get the desired compression ratio. Your LS6 intake will work just fine with this combination.
FYI. When going past 600 rwhp you have to have a good return style fuel system. Bob
So, the stock TB size won't be a restriction worth worrying about at that power level? Also, the LQ9 heads and what people refer to as "6.0L heads" are one and the same, correct?

Do you have any suggestions on the fuel system? Types of pumps? Size of injectors?

Quick Reply: Looking for head/intake suggestions for D1SC