Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Front O2's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 02:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Front O2's?

I bought a set of 6.0 truck manifolds and a crossover from a member on here and there's no bungs for a set of front O2s. Should I weld a set on or just delete the O2s and run a single wideband in the DP?
Old 09-23-2007, 07:48 PM
TECH Regular

If you delete the two pre-O2's how will your PCM know what to ajust the F/A to? What type of PCM programming are you running?

IMO I would weld bungs for the pre-O2's and run a wideband in the position of the post O2 and either get an O2 sim for the post or have it programmed out.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:10 PM
TECH Resident

I'm not running anything yet in the middle of the build. I never payed attension to it until today when I was test fitting the crossover and noticed there was nowhere to hookup the front O2s. The pipe has been jet hot coated is that going to make it harder to weld the bungs to?
Old 09-23-2007, 09:31 PM
TECH Regular

It will have to be sanded down to bare metal for the weld to bond properly and the recoated.

If your going to run a somewhat stock PCM (and even if your not I believe) you'll need the post O2's to tell the PCM what the A/F ratio is so it can adjust accordingly.