Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Need Help On Deciding

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 07:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need Help On Deciding

Hello everyone,
I have a rod knocking now and plan to do a complete rebuild and go FI this time. I have a 99ta a4. I plan to buy a 370 from LME and put a Procharger D-1SC or F1a on it. I know this is not going to be a cheap build and I assume its going to be around 12-15k. Can someone give me some pointers on what type of heads I should use, I've heard alot of people using the ls6 heads. My goal for this is to be 600+rwhp. I'm just not trying to build something and spend alot of money on and then want to rebuild it a few months later because I could of did it better. I would like to know what kind of fi cam i should use, injectors, fuel system, and other parts I need. I'm also out of san diego, so does anyone know any good shops around there to build the car. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
David
Old 10-03-2007, 07:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heads- etp,allpro or afr-
Old 10-03-2007, 09:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ported LS6'ers would do the job but I'd go with ported 6.0 heads/317 heads to lower compression and turn up the boost
Old 10-07-2007, 06:29 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by 96 trans am
Hello everyone,
I have a rod knocking now and plan to do a complete rebuild and go FI this time. I have a 99ta a4. I plan to buy a 370 from LME and put a Procharger D-1SC or F1a on it. I know this is not going to be a cheap build and I assume its going to be around 12-15k. Can someone give me some pointers on what type of heads I should use, I've heard alot of people using the ls6 heads. My goal for this is to be 600+rwhp. I'm just not trying to build something and spend alot of money on and then want to rebuild it a few months later because I could of did it better. I would like to know what kind of fi cam i should use, injectors, fuel system, and other parts I need. I'm also out of san diego, so does anyone know any good shops around there to build the car. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
David

Check out what we did for this build that resulted in 740 rwhp.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=40 Bob

Quick Reply: Need Help On Deciding