Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Oil Lines

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oil Lines

My STS install is underway, and I have heard a lot about oil lines coming off and spewing everywhere. I searched and could only find stuff asking when they should change oil, and how much they should use.

My question is, how can I cheaply avoid my oil lines coming off and me having to buy a new engine?
Old 10-18-2007, 06:55 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Clamp them good and tight. Whereever possible, weld a bung in vs tapping into metal. I think what you are referring to in the STS kits is the return line going up into the oil cap. Your best solution for this, and it will even help the oiling system perform better, take the time and return the oil to the pan vs the oil fill cap. Remove the oil pan and weld in a bung and fitting and return the oil there. Could also do timing cover. This way the oil doesnt have to be pumped up to the extreme top of the engine, you wont be dumping hot oil all over your valvetrain, and you wont have to worry about tapping the fitting into the plastic oil fill being nervous of it coming off and spraying oil all over your engine bay. Returning the oil to your oil pan is the best solution. Hope this helps!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 10-18-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as you return the oil above the normal 'Full' line in the pan. If you run it into the sump (below the normal oil full level), you will have all sorts of strange problems.

Jim
Old 10-19-2007, 09:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DeltaT
As long as you return the oil above the normal 'Full' line in the pan. If you run it into the sump (below the normal oil full level), you will have all sorts of strange problems.

Jim
yep...u gotta watch out for that, I believe in a thread of mine EPP posted a picture of where they returned Scotts oil into the front of the oil pan and I plan on doing that

Quick Reply: Oil Lines