Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

EGT or AFR on an Incon TT SET UP ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EGT or AFR on an Incon TT SET UP ?

Hey guys im about ready for my fuel systems upgrade on my 02 35th LE SS ICON TT setup and was looking at my buddys 98 identical set up and he has his FI fuel regulator mounted in the rear above the rear end ,like below ,behind the rear sit and when i asked him how he adjust for the wheather like summmer and fall,he said with his tune ,he leaves it alone year round and mybe im old school owning a 87 GN and a 95 FI supercharged Z28 I would adjust with my EGT gauge, FINE TUNE !I think i would add fuel in the hot summer and take out in the cooler late fall or vice verce,and i just wanted to know if this is old school or can i still fine tune on my 2002 useing a EGT gauge or will my computer do this automaticlly with the inlet air temp and MAF? just wondering if any incon guys were useing a EGT or AFR gauge for fine tuning or had on there rides just to know where things were at ! Me personally,I always fine tuned with a EGTat WOT anyways if any incon or TT guys are useing a egt,PLEASE let me know wheres the best place on these manifolds for placement before I reinstall this almost ready K member LOL!! guys ar
Old 11-24-2007, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by barnat
Hey guys im about ready for my fuel systems upgrade on my 02 35th LE SS ICON TT setup and was looking at my buddys 98 identical set up and he has his FI fuel regulator mounted in the rear above the rear end ,like below ,behind the rear sit and when i asked him how he adjust for the wheather like summmer and fall,he said with his tune ,he leaves it alone year round and mybe im old school owning a 87 GN and a 95 FI supercharged Z28 I would adjust with my EGT gauge, FINE TUNE !I think i would add fuel in the hot summer and take out in the cooler late fall or vice verce,and i just wanted to know if this is old school or can i still fine tune on my 2002 useing a EGT gauge or will my computer do this automaticlly with the inlet air temp and MAF? just wondering if any incon guys were useing a EGT or AFR gauge for fine tuning or had on there rides just to know where things were at ! Me personally,I always fine tuned with a EGTat WOT anyways if any incon or TT guys are useing a egt,PLEASE let me know wheres the best place on these manifolds for placement before I reinstall this almost ready K member LOL!! guys ar
PS not only would i like the fuel press reg at the fuel rail for looks and fine tuning if applicable,but my buddy said its better to have closer to the pump so as not to have to run a retern line all the way back and fuel heating issues! just was wonding if this is true !!!
Old 11-24-2007, 07:24 PM
Coal Mining Director

I tune with a LM1 afr kit and it works fine. I used an Incon kit with the reg at the back and then later moved it to the front. The front location is much better since you can adjust it for the pressure drop the feed line sees from the filter to the rails....can't do that accurately with the reg mounted at the back.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Fuel REG

Originally Posted by onfire
I tune with a LM1 afr kit and it works fine. I used an Incon kit with the reg at the back and then later moved it to the front. The front location is much better since you can adjust it for the pressure drop the feed line sees from the filter to the rails....can't do that accurately with the reg mounted at the back.
Thanks guy,Is it true once your tune is done,you dont have to fine tune for the season changes?I use to fine tune my 87 gn from real hot to cool days to get that FAR just right with a 1 to 1 FI boost ref fuel reg,and my buddy,who owns a twin turbo 408 incon Z28 said that the newer computers like my 02 SS automatically reconfiguire for temp veriences by useing the AIT sen and mass sen Is this true or do you still gotta fine tune for big temp changes?For example lets say i have my ride tuned next month and it 50 F inside tjhe tuners garage and i take it out next summer in 95 F am i gonna have to take a little fuel out or add alittle or will my pcm do this for me? im just currious!Just for the fact im old school and this will be my first FI F body and I know theres no comparison between the two pcms I just like facts not advice,LOL!! and my buddys one lazy **** TOO lol!!and whene i told him how i tuned with the reg useing a egt or afr it was like i was talking greek,so i figureyou nguys would know and again any and all info IS GREATLLY APPRECIATED THANKS ED BARNAT

Quick Reply: EGT or AFR on an Incon TT SET UP ?