Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

MMS crank pulley install

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 01:01 PM
TECH Resident

Location: Richmond, VA Where fast cars, well......are hard to come by.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMS crank pulley install

MIGHTYMOUSE and I put on my MMS crank pulley thursday night. We got lucky and the pulleys cooperated much better than expected, especially since I never cleaned the stock one before putting ati's pulley in and the rust made the pulleys bind up/together. This time we put a new stock crank pulley (off a buddies 02 ws6) with the mms pulley. Pretty much just your standard remove & replace procedure. Also put in camarogod98's steel idler pulley, you can see how much my original idler wore down in 6k miles w/ fairly few boost situations. I remember seeing pics of BlackLS1 TA's idler a while back and thought 'No Way!', he wasn't lieing! You can see the model number on the belt, that's a 40" belt and it is tight as a bitch to get it on. This will hopefully prevent the tensioner from bottoming out as the belt stretches and I retighten. We had to hand turn the engine to get the belt on and seated. Not sure what the 7 is at the end of the number, all my other ones were 0.

I know not much is pretty here, but here's some pics.
Pic 1 Crank bolt comparo
Pic 2 Pulley comparo's
Pic 3
Pic 4 The ati pulley is sitting 'inside' the mms one. Edge of the ati pulley is the first dark ring outward after the big black area.
Pic 5 Belt
Pic 6 Old idler pulley
Old 06-21-2003, 04:03 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: MMS crank pulley install

Man, that old idler pulley looks so familiar. I use to take my head unit off to change the oil and when I saw that my idler was almost wore to nothing I never put it back on. I've got one of camarogod98's steel pulleys now to sell with my kit.

John

Quick Reply: MMS crank pulley install