Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

belt driven sump pump....

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 03:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default belt driven sump pump....

I forget if it was a razor or what but I remember someone having a ls1 with a belt driven sump pump setup. Needing a sump pump system for my low mount twin turbo setup and just looking for what is out there. Did LPE get some prices on theirs?

Thanks for your time guys and gals.

Steven
Old 06-23-2003, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: belt driven sump pump....

Harlan had razor build a custom sump for oil return from his turbos. They did brakets and everything, he mounted were the A/C is. I want to say it 400-500 dollar range. LPE never got back as far as I know, but I am pretty sure they were using the razor unit as well, just in a different location. Well actually they had the racing setup and the street car setup. They had some excuse about could not get it to fit on f-body because clearance. Its diffently a problem, you could get rid of EGR and put it there, but I never got around to doing the calculations for pulley diameters.

Gary
Old 06-24-2003, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Gary is right, LPE (Ed Potter) thought the LPE f-bod version was a slam dunk, then they took a look at it and said it would require some new fabbing. Despite my followup messages, Ed never got back to me. So, the concensus to date is the weldon pump was the way to go. I haven't driven my car much so it still has the incon provided scavenge pump, which sucks (just not reliably ) , but will work until I get a better solution.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have had no issues with the Incon scavenge pump, but I have only put about 6000 miles on the car since the Incon kit went on.

I did invest in one of the Puisi pumps for when the Incon pump gives up the ghost. I didn't want to sacrafice my A/C for a scavenge pump...just wasn't worth it to me.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the weldon and never used the Incon provided unit. If people dont mind loosing the EGR it will fit there, Just have to see if you can get a belt long enough (or get one made) and determine max speed on the pump so the proper pulley(s) can be sized. Not to hard but it was more work than I wanted to do.

Gary
Old 06-24-2003, 09:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks guys looks like i will take a closer look at the tilton or weldon pumps.
Steven

Quick Reply: belt driven sump pump....