Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Why would engine builder have to use race gas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 08:50 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have all the answers dont you Chris....
Old 01-04-2008, 08:52 AM
9 Second Club

He wanted to use all the C5R stuff. He used the block as well. When you add FI to a car,then the flow is not as importantant,because it is forced in.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:53 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
You have all the answers dont you Chris....
No, sure don't! I figured you would chime in since you guy's are working on his car now!
Old 01-04-2008, 08:55 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS
When you add FI to a car,then the flow is not as importantant,because it is forced in.
Exactly. The C5R heads hogged out will be just as good as ported LS1 heads, so why not use them and have a large chunk of change??!?!?!?

Keith
Old 01-04-2008, 08:56 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS
No, sure don't! I figured you would chime in since you guy's are working on his car now!
Now the fun will begin......

Keith
Old 01-04-2008, 08:56 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1290
Exactly. The C5R heads hogged out will be just as good as ported LS1 heads, so why not use them and have a large chunk of change??!?!?!?

Keith
Because he wanted the complete C5R setup!!! Head's,Block etc.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:17 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ls1290
Now the fun will begin......

Keith
Lol... No fun here... We havent worked on the car in question for over a year now. We had the car corrected and back to the owner within 10 days of him dropping it off. Ofcourse he does have a pile of parts laying here that could use a good home

We will be building another car in the future for GRB because we have earned his trust and respect.

Rest assured, everything is not what it seems
Old 01-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
Lol... No fun here... We havent worked on the car in question for over a year now. We had the car corrected and back to the owner within 10 days of him dropping it off.
Hmmmm... just wondering why this would surface here.....

Keith
Old 01-04-2008, 10:55 AM
FormerVendor

Just to note, we are not the original engine builder. We are also not the shop in question. We corrected all of the issues the customer had from the original shop.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Correct me if I am wrong. Was this the car with the 75 grand build.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:13 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

Robbie, go away. Wait...you can't be Robbie even he knows the elec. fan they installed did not have an on/off switch. Scram dude.

Obviously the builder had not put a combo together like this before. I know what happened. I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen this happen and made the PROPER diagnosis as to what went wrong.

Mods - notice there has been no mention of names until the perps came along. Delete their posts if you need to to keep this clean, but please allow anyone who has seen this happen to comment. This is a technical issue that deals with a particular nuance that can occur in a build up like mine. Thanks.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:33 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by grb
Robbie, go away. Wait...you can't be Robbie even he knows the elec. fan they installed did not have an on/off switch. Scram dude.

Obviously the builder did know how to put a motor together like this. I know what happened, and therfore i am a idiot. At the time I could not make my mind up on what direction I wanted to go with on the car,either blower or N/A. I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen this happen and made the PROPER diagnosis as to what went wrong.

Mods - notice there has been no mention of names until the perps came along. Delete their posts if you need to to keep this clean, but please allow anyone who has seen this happen to comment. This is a technical issue that deals with a particular nuance that can occur in a build up like mine. Thanks.

If they truly said you had to run race gas or 110,then yes I would agree that there is to much compression,but I highly doubt that they made that mistake. They are a very competant engine shop and know what they are doing,as for you we are unsure!
Old 01-04-2008, 04:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by grb

Obviously the builder had not put a combo together like this before. I know what happened. I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen this happen and made the PROPER diagnosis as to what went wrong.

Now I'm confused.This thread is screwed up.

To answer the question above,yes about 2-3 times a year we fix cars like yours that are put together from shops that should never touch a car.We just finished a blown 427ci Camaro that hasn't run right for 3 years(owner put 400 miles on it)which a very well known shop/person that use to sponsor this site.

It happens alot more than you think.

Your thread is just confusing since the facts are not out. Seeing a post by Ron that it took him 10 days to fix it makes me think the car wasn't that bad.Our recent car took 70 hr's to repair.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:25 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

My God do things get screwy when people who have no idea what the facts are start posting as if they know the facts. For those of you that don't know: Hunter does not have a clue. He is merely repeating what he has been told to say. So disregard that crap.

Hunter - Listen closely......HELP KEEP YOUR FRIENDS IN BUSINESS FOR ABOUT 12 MORE MONTHS. That is the most important thing right now.

10 days. That's misleading too. There was no 'fixing' that mess! After the decision was made to return the car to a "all" GMMG car Vengeance had to get all the original GMMG parts, many of which were mysteriously missing, and then completely rebuild the car. As much, if not more, work than the previous builder did in almost 3 years!

Everybody makes mistakes Hunter. But like you say a "competent" (your word) shop would either not have tried to build this engine or would not have made the critical error that they made. Taking some one's money for something you either can not or will not do is not considered 'a mistake'. You keep spending money with them or making donations, whatever, then come to court this fall and see the facts, hear the witnesses and see the pictures. Bring a crying towel too!
Old 01-04-2008, 06:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by grb
My God do things get screwy when people who have no idea what the facts are start posting as if they know the facts.
Well, IMO if you're going to make a post like this present all the facts so there is no confusion.

You're asking for an answer to a question you seem to allready have the answer to while only offering bits and pieces of information.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:44 PM
9 Second Club

Regardless of what you think,knowbody has told me to say anything. The only reason you want people to disregard what I say is "I am telling the truth". which is something you don't want people on here to find out!!!! I don't understand what critical error you claim they made. Your car made almost 700rwhp and you could not handle the whine of the blower and said the car was to loud.,and then when you overheated the car because you forgot to turn the water pump on and that is what caused your plug to pop out and spew anti-freeze all over. When the wrecker got to your house to pick up your car you had antifreeze on your driveway,it wasn't tranny fluid like you thought.There is a difference...The bottom line is your car did run a make power and you even drove it for awhile.If everybody would do a search on your screen name they will find post that you made about how much you "ENJOYED" your car.I read them,that is why I know you are full of **** and you want everybody to believe you got screwed,which inturn you spent all that money,because you could not make up your mind. Change's take time and cost money. So you can see,nobody told me thiese detail's YOU posted them in the past,I just did a search!!!!!
Old 01-04-2008, 06:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Seems if Vengence figured out your problem for you then they'd be able to tell you what was wrong with the car and why the original builder spec'd out 110 for it.....RIGHT....so why did you clutter up the forum???

LOCKED, can't stand the drama llama parading around in here.

Quick Reply: Why would engine builder have to use race gas?