Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS Information and Build Progress

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 04:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STS Information and Build Progress

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...7ca41eb4b2e898
I plan on buying the kit i linked above. I'm just wondering minus the fuel management system with injectors and all that jazz, what else am i looking at that i will need to buy to run around 6psi of boost. I already have ls6 intake, P&Ped, and epoxied TB, Crane 1.8 Roller Rockers, Pacecetter Ceramic Coated Headers, 3.73 gears, Custom Full 3" Hooker Exhaust, SLP Lid, and HPTuners, and Quiet a bit of suspention mods, Meth. Injection and Fuel upgrade will also be ordered with the STS Kit.

Rear end and Tranny will be addressed later on this summer but am just wanting to get the turbo setup up and running with a decent tune first, and will probably just run low boost until i can get a better tranny and rear end so i don't risk grenading them early. What all would you guys recommend me do, i don't plan on running 1000rwhp and 40psi. I just want a nice fun car that i can DD that puts down anywhere between 400 and 500rwhp safely and i believe that an STS setup is the road i need to take to achieve this goal. I have the money for the kit, Meth. Injection, and fuel upgrades in my bank account right now, so I'm j ust wanting to get a total of everything else i need before i start the ordering process. Id like to start ordering and searching for parts asap and have the kit installed and tuned by beginning to mid summer. (I already have a LS1tech sponser lined up to tune the car also.)

GO!!!

Last edited by beanx; 01-19-2008 at 04:44 AM.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have an almost stock 99 LS1 (Soon to be Iron 370) in my IROC with FMIC STS kit on 9PSI and made 450RWHP and 500TQ through a 6 speed. It's mostly a street car I have long tubes but will soon be taking them off for stock shorties which have proven to spool the turbo faster. My rear is still stock with 4.10 (to much gear BTW) and haven't had any problems as long as you don't launch on it to hard. Zombie on here has a great right up on rear mount turbos.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:14 PM
Banned

awesome could you link that to me, id really like to read that. I searched through some of his created threads and the dude has over 1,000 so if u could link me that would be great

Last edited by beanx; 01-19-2008 at 01:31 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/822122-zombie-rear-mount-turbo-saga.html This is Zombie's thread of his trills and woos and he's been doin it for ahwile. So it doesn't take much to get to the power you want after you get the Kit. The major thing for me was making sure it was safe and getting a good tune.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:37 AM
Teching In

I have a STS kt in my TBSS...love it!
Old 01-20-2008, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by beanx
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...7ca41eb4b2e898
I plan on buying the kit i linked above. I'm just wondering minus the fuel management system with injectors and all that jazz, what else am i looking at that i will need to buy to run around 6psi of boost. I already have ls6 intake, P&Ped, and epoxied TB, Crane 1.8 Roller Rockers, Pacecetter Ceramic Coated Headers, 3.73 gears, Custom Full 3" Hooker Exhaust, SLP Lid, and HPTuners, and Quiet a bit of suspention mods, Meth. Injection and Fuel upgrade will also be ordered with the STS Kit.

Rear end and Tranny will be addressed later on this summer but am just wanting to get the turbo setup up and running with a decent tune first, and will probably just run low boost until i can get a better tranny and rear end so i don't risk grenading them early. What all would you guys recommend me do, i don't plan on running 1000rwhp and 40psi. I just want a nice fun car that i can DD that puts down anywhere between 400 and 500rwhp safely and i believe that an STS setup is the road i need to take to achieve this goal. I have the money for the kit, Meth. Injection, and fuel upgrades in my bank account right now, so I'm j ust wanting to get a total of everything else i need before i start the ordering process. Id like to start ordering and searching for parts asap and have the kit installed and tuned by beginning to mid summer. (I already have a LS1tech sponser lined up to tune the car also.)

GO!!!
no offense, but that kit listed above will not make 508rwhp @ 8psi. im cammed and on 6.5 psi i made 503...... but you never know.....

im debating on selling my GT67 kit with intercooler and BOV + injectors and ported stock manifolds and ypipe. pretty much all you need to make 600rwhp for that price (4k)

sorry, didnt mean to hi jack, good luck bro

Last edited by 99Z28LS1; 01-20-2008 at 08:06 PM. Reason: adding more comments

Quick Reply: STS Information and Build Progress