Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

E boost 2 routing for twin turbo's

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Coal Mining Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's how I ran the twins last year Ed. Only had to use 60% duty to get 18psi of stable boost. EB2 is a great controller. Button crazy though.
Attached Thumbnails E boost 2 routing for twin turbo's-img-large-.jpg  
Old 02-05-2008, 10:55 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by onfire
Here's how I ran the twins last year Ed. Only had to use 60% duty to get 18psi of stable boost. EB2 is a great controller. Button crazy though.
I will redo it like this. And see what happens. I have to come up with a solution quick. Midnight madness is this weekend and I am dieing to run this car Need to order another sol quick!
Old 02-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Coal Mining Director

Best check is to run a boost line to the side port of each gate and leave the top port open. Then do a boost run. If it's 9.5, then it has nothing to do with the controller.

Are you bringing the boost signal from the turbo or the manifold to the gates? Turbo signal will give you less boost since it will not compensate for the piping and IC pressure drop.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:21 PM
9 Second Club

I allready ordered an extra noid from New Era. It will be here Thursday
Old 02-05-2008, 12:22 PM
9 Second Club

Best check is to run a boost line to the side port of each gate and leave the top port open. Then do a boost run. If it's 9.5, then it has nothing to do with the controller.

Are you bringing the boost signal from the turbo or the manifold to the gates? Turbo signal will give you less boost since it will not compensate for the piping and IC pressure drop.
Turbo's equal length.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Coal Mining Director

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Turbo's equal length.
Then you either have the top/side ports reversed (least likely) or you have back pressure issues or the gate spring is stronger than 7.5psi.

Running with the top port open will tell you for sure.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:10 PM
9 Second Club

Then you either have the top/side ports reversed (least likely) or you have back pressure issues or the gate spring is stronger than 7.5psi.

Running with the top port open will tell you for sure.
Well that is off of one noid. So I ordered antoher one. Ill check it Saturday morning.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Coal Mining Director

Adding solenoids just adds efficiency of the system. It will not change the minimum boost the gates control....only the maximum they control.

I've used one solenoid, two solenoids, twin internal gates, twin external gates.

Example: One solenoid on your twin Tial gate system might take a solenoid duty cycle of 75% (EB2 setting of "75") to get 15psi of boost control. Boost controller off = 9.5psi. Add a second solenoid and the solenoid duty cycle might change to 58% (EB2 setting of "58") to get 15% of boost control. Boost controller off = 9.5psi.

Having two solenoids (which is a good thing), only makes the solenoid control more efficient....doesn't do diddly for contoller off boost.

The minimum boost the gates run with the top port vented is the lowest boost setting you'll get with one or fifty solenoids. The controller will allow you to only add boost to that minimum number.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:15 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Adding solenoids just adds efficiency of the system. It will not change the minimum boost the gates control....only the maximum they control.

I've used one solenoid, two solenoids, twin internal gates, twin external gates.

Example: One solenoid on your twin Tial gate system might take a solenoid duty cycle of 75% (EB2 setting of "75") to get 15psi of boost control. Boost controller off = 9.5psi. Add a second solenoid and the solenoid duty cycle might change to 58% (EB2 setting of "58") to get 15% of boost control. Boost controller off = 9.5psi.

Having two solenoids (which is a good thing), only makes the solenoid control more efficient....doesn't do diddly for contoller off boost.

The minimum boost the gates run with the top port vented is the lowest boost setting you'll get with one or fifty solenoids. The controller will allow you to only add boost to that minimum number.
Yeah that is what we talked about and was thinking one of two things either the hoses were routed incorrectly or the spring was stronger than a 7.5 also. Been waiting for you to get in on this one Tom when I talked to you, you had a real good grasp of the routing etc...
Old 02-05-2008, 08:43 PM
9 Second Club

Ill let you two know this Friday with pictures and dyno #'s. I need to get this done because I want to run it Saturday at midnight madness.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:28 AM
9 Second Club

Here is what I am going to do tomorrow. Got this from Peter. He didnt label what port goes where but Ill test and tune.

Old 02-08-2008, 06:02 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

So your sticking with a single solenoid then? I have just the single solenoid so if this above works out good, i'll use it as well to prevent from having to buy more nickle and diming trinkets.

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 02-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Coal Mining Director

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Here is what I am going to do tomorrow. Got this from Peter. He didnt label what port goes where but Ill test and tune.

That pic is drawn correctly. Just remember IC line goes to Port 1 on the solenoid. Port 2 on the solenoid goes to the tee that splits to the Top Ports of the Tial gates. Port 3 needs to be open to the air for a vent. Turbo line goes to the side ports of the Tial gates.

One solenoid will work....it will require a higher duty cycle.....but will work.

Quick Reply: E boost 2 routing for twin turbo's