Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

turbo lt1 headers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 05:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Did u try that header on the drivers side??? Any other pics of diff. styles to use?
Old 02-26-2008, 08:39 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, I tried it. It hit the steering shaft and is too wide to fit between the engine and body. Here's the new one I found at the shop:

I still have to move the back primary, like was done on Dragframe's car as it's hitting the steering shaft.

RealQuick, I'm looking for something that will clear my passenger side with the ac and ps in there. I'd like to run the cross over in front of the sump of the oil pan. Then run the passenger cross over under the driver's side motor mount like you have in this picture:

Then Y the two together and put the turbo up top by where the stock intake goes.

Any thoughts or ideas? I'd hate to buy something and then have it not work. Do you think these would fit properly on the passenger side? I think they might hit the motor mount...

Camaro/Firebird 93-95 Hooker Super Comp Shorty Headers

I need to jack the car up and slide in the hooker shorty I have in for that side and see ultimately where the flange ends up.

Last edited by Beaflag VonRathburg; 02-26-2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
RealQuick, I'm looking for something that will clear my passenger side with the ac and ps in there. I'd like to run the cross over in front of the sump of the oil pan. Any thoughts or ideas? I'd hate to buy something and then have it not work. Do you think these would fit properly? I think they would hit the motor mount...

Camaro/Firebird 93-95 Hooker Super Comp Shorty Headers

I need to jack the car up and slide in the hooker shorty I have for that side and see ultimately where the flange ends up.

The pic isnt the hooker 93-95 headers as you have listed. The ones in the pic wont work... they will hit the motor mount as mentioned and arent worth modifying.

Look for the dual cat version of the 3 headers I mentioned in an earlier post.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:17 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Originally Posted by RealQuick
The pic isnt the hooker 93-95 headers as you have listed. The ones in the pic wont work... they will hit the motor mount as mentioned and arent worth modifying.

Look for the dual cat version of the 3 headers I mentioned in an earlier post.
I guess I should have realized that seeing as how those are the ones I currently own. Is the dual cat version of the passenger's side manifold shorter or angled different than the single cat? I really need to get it in the car and see where the flange ends up.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:08 PM
TECH Junkie

I guess I should have realized that seeing as how those are the ones I currently own. Is the dual cat version of the passenger's side manifold shorter or angled different than the single cat? I really need to get it in the car and see where the flange ends up.
EDIT!!!!!!!!!

My experience... if you want the DP on the pass. side, use edelbrock single cat shorties (hookers are probably the same) or SLP dual cat headers. If you want to run the DP on the driver's. side, dual cat headers like the BBK's and the SLP dual cats could be used as well.

Last edited by RealQuick; 02-29-2008 at 07:27 AM.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:14 PM
TECH Veteran

So i was looking through a stock manifold guide from google and seen these. There from a Tahoe or and mid 90's SUV. They seem they would clear the steering shaft and still the collector still high enough for room. Anyone try these??

Old 02-28-2008, 07:42 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Originally Posted by RealQuick
My experience... if you want the DP on the pass. side, use edelbrock single cat shorties (hookers are probably the same) or SLP dual cat headers. If you want to run the DP on the pass. side, dual cat headers like the BBK's and the SLP dual cats could be used as well.
I think I might start hacking on my single cat hooker shorty. I noticed by the pictures it's a lot shorter than the dual cat versions. I'm wondering if I can fit a 4 inch dp down the passenger side with the header in the way? I might end up trying to notch the K member by cutting a section out, hammering it, flipping it, and welding it back in. I just got my turbo in the mail today. I'm going to go mess with it tomorrow.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:28 AM
TECH Junkie

I think I might start hacking on my single cat hooker shorty. I noticed by the pictures it's a lot shorter than the dual cat versions. I'm wondering if I can fit a 4 inch dp down the passenger side with the header in the way? I might end up trying to notch the K member by cutting a section out, hammering it, flipping it, and welding it back in. I just got my turbo in the mail today. I'm going to go mess with it tomorrow.
It will be tough... I just barely squeezed a 3.5" in there. Also, I edited my post... read it again for the hell of it.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Taubr Unit
So i was looking through a stock manifold guide from google and seen these. There from a Tahoe or and mid 90's SUV. They seem they would clear the steering shaft and still the collector still high enough for room. Anyone try these??

Just run stock fbody manifolds if thats the way you want to go. They are proven to work and are able to make a lot of power.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Thats what i think im going to do. Im in the process of getting some now.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:06 PM
TECH Veteran

So since my life has turned into lt1 turbo searching i came across this. Aparently these fit right in with no modding. Just a bolt up and go, there identical to the ones i posted up from ebay and the ones from ebay actually look better with how the egr air stuff is built into it. But the Hedman ones look shorter if you needed more room for the steering knuckle....

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...0&autoview=sku
Old 03-01-2008, 12:21 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f6...ba9efea46f.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f6...8814f359d6.jpg
I have, they don't fit. They hit the steering shaft big time. There's a set at the shop now and I thought they looked good, but were the worst fitting out of the bunch.

So since my life has turned into lt1 turbo searching i came across this. Aparently these fit right in with no modding. Just a bolt up and go, there identical to the ones i posted up from ebay and the ones from ebay actually look better with how the egr air stuff is built into it. But the Hedman ones look shorter if you needed more room for the steering knuckle....

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...0&autoview=sku
Those do look like they'd fit very nicely. They would work really well for how you plan on doing yours.

Quick Reply: turbo lt1 headers?